Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

I knew, just, knew that when they had them all come out for Becky to pick her replacement, it was going to be Charlotte. The hug was a fantastic touch. You can see Charlotte whispering to her. Becky then leaves, lets the Smackdown women rally around Charlotte. Nothing else needed to be said.

Becky, through all this wasn't a heel.

Becky is OVER! More than any other person on the roster right now.

BTW, I love that they legit turned Daniel Bryan heel. He had to since Brie did, it would have made no sense. And it appears he's playing up an obsession angle. Obsessed with returning, obsessed with the title.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Actually saves Lynch/Rousey for Mania. Maybe a blessing in disguise. You won't have to do near the stretch to book Charlotte/Rousey. Still have the MMA crew interfer, have Ronda play dumb, Becky doesn't believe her, MMA costs Becky the belt, Becky wins Rumble crosses over.
    Nah.

They had a moment, and now it's gone.

They had Becky come out and play the typical, lillywhite, garbage WWE babyface female character. The whole point of her turning heel was because Charlotte was being given unearned opportunity after unearned opportunity -- so, when she has the chance to pick who will replace at her Survivor Series, she's written to give Charlotte another unearned opportunity? Garbage writing. Then they book her to give Charlotte a pep talk (the woman who she dislikes *so much* that she beat the hell out of her at a no-holds barred match) and a hug? BEYOND garbage. Can you imagine a male superstar in that quasi-face / anti-hero role giving a hug to the person taking their big match at a PPV? It's trash writing and the kind of thing designed to kill momentum for a character deliberately.

This was their way to cool the Becky push and bring the focus back to their chosen one, Charlotte. It's so sadly predictable, but Vince is obsessed with chesty blondes and family pedigree. He's never going to see Becky Lynch as a star, no matter how much the fans cheer and clamor. They couldn't cool her down without drawing heat on Charlotte in the ring. This injury gave them the excuse to do so.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Nah.

They had a moment, and now it's gone.

They had Becky come out and play the typical, lillywhite, garbage WWE babyface female character. The whole point of her turning heel was because Charlotte was being given unearned opportunity after unearned opportunity -- so, when she has the chance to pick who will replace at her Survivor Series, she's written to give Charlotte another unearned opportunity? Garbage writing. Then they book her to give Charlotte a pep talk (the woman who she dislikes *so much* that she beat the hell out of her at a no-holds barred match) and a hug? BEYOND garbage. Can you imagine a male superstar in that quasi-face / anti-hero role giving a hug to the person taking their big match at a PPV? It's trash writing and the kind of thing designed to kill momentum for a character deliberately.

This was their way to cool the Becky push and bring the focus back to their chosen one, Charlotte. It's so sadly predictable, but Vince is obsessed with chesty blondes and family pedigree. He's never going to see Becky Lynch as a star, no matter how much the fans cheer and clamor. They couldn't cool her down without drawing heat on Charlotte in the ring. This injury gave them the excuse to do so.
    Man, I cannot disagree with this more. 1st, Becky didn't turn heel. She just got over. Period. Austin was beating the hell out of baby faces his whole career before Vince STUPIDLY turned him into Heel Austin, and it sucked a lot of the character from him. Also, not to be sexist, but women hug. They both were after the title, best friends or not, it's supposed to be war to get it.

Charlotte was one of two they could have turned to, Asuka being the other. Asuka would have been a great choice. But ultimately, who does Becky know better than anyone else on the roster? The writing here was very good, and Becky delivers on the mic better than anyone in the company right now. Most of them are painful to watch. The best talkers, IMO, are on Smackdown. Uso's, New Day, Becky, Truth. It isn't a stretch to think what Becky whispered was "do this for the Champ, or I'll beat the hell out of you."

Charlotte loses at Survivor Series. Becky berates her. Then beats her down more. and more. and more. Everytime Becky sees Charlotte, she attacks her. All the while maintaining she needs to teach Charlotte what it means to be the Champ.

I really hope the final member of Team Smackdown is Nikki Cross. That'd be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Man, I cannot disagree with this more. 1st, Becky didn't turn heel. She just got over. Period. Austin was beating the hell out of baby faces his whole career before Vince STUPIDLY turned him into Heel Austin, and it sucked a lot of the character from him. Also, not to be sexist, but women hug. They both were after the title, best friends or not, it's supposed to be war to get it.

Charlotte was one of two they could have turned to, Asuka being the other. Asuka would have been a great choice. But ultimately, who does Becky know better than anyone else on the roster? The writing here was very good, and Becky delivers on the mic better than anyone in the company right now. Most of them are painful to watch. The best talkers, IMO, are on Smackdown. Uso's, New Day, Becky, Truth. It isn't a stretch to think what Becky whispered was "do this for the Champ, or I'll beat the hell out of you."

Charlotte loses at Survivor Series. Becky berates her. Then beats her down more. and more. and more. Everytime Becky sees Charlotte, she attacks her. All the while maintaining she needs to teach Charlotte what it means to be the Champ.

I really hope the final member of Team Smackdown is Nikki Cross. That'd be perfect.
    You were saying?

Charlotte Flair is the golden child of WWE. And the WWE made all the moves necessary to re-set the women’s division so that the match they’ve wanted for years can main event WM: Charlotte v. Rousey.

I expect now that Charlotte will reclaim the SD title, Rousey will drop hers to Nia at TLC, and then Rousey will win the Rumble to challenge Charlotte and get her revenge for this beatdown.

You were saying?

Charlotte Flair is the golden child of WWE. And the WWE made all the moves necessary to re-set the women’s division so that the match they’ve wanted for years can main event WM: Charlotte v. Rousey.

I expect now that Charlotte will reclaim the SD title, Rousey will drop hers to Nia at TLC, and then Rousey will win the Rumble to challenge Charlotte and get her revenge for this beatdown.
    Maybe.

I watched. Charlotte does not come off as the Golden Child at all. She came off as desperate. It was a fantastic match, best of the night, and one of the better non-finishes in recent memory. WM is going to be Lynch/Rousey. The real question is how they handle Charlotte going forward. Lynch isn't a heel. She's Stone Cold. That makes Charlotte... Mankind? She's got a little crazy in her now. I don't think Charlotte regains the title before WM, unless Lynch has to vacate the title.

Lynch isn't going away. She's the best on the mic right now, and one of the top workers too. WWE MIGHT want Charlotte/Rousey at WM, but I see no way Lynch isn't in the picture.

I think Sane not winning at Takeover was her send off to Raw. Just randomly throwing that in there.

Charlotte/Rousey was one of the best matches I've seen in a long, long time.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Maybe.

I watched. Charlotte does not come off as the Golden Child at all. She came off as desperate. It was a fantastic match, best of the night, and one of the better non-finishes in recent memory. WM is going to be Lynch/Rousey. The real question is how they handle Charlotte going forward. Lynch isn't a heel. She's Stone Cold. That makes Charlotte... Mankind? She's got a little crazy in her now. I don't think Charlotte regains the title before WM, unless Lynch has to vacate the title.

Lynch isn't going away. She's the best on the mic right now, and one of the top workers too. WWE MIGHT want Charlotte/Rousey at WM, but I see no way Lynch isn't in the picture.

I think Sane not winning at Takeover was her send off to Raw. Just randomly throwing that in there.
    "Golden Child" meaning that she is the face they want front and center on all their women's marketing, the person they want main eventing whenver possible, etc.

And yeah, there is a 0% chance that Mania is gonna be Lynch / Rousey now. It's gonna be Charlotte / Rousey, which is what they've wanted since Rousey signed (and probably before). The question isn't "How are they gonna handle Charlotte," because the answer is the same as it always has been: push her to the moon. The question is whether or not the fans go with this storyline or if Becky has enough juice / momentum to keep them demanding that she be included as part of things (a la Daniel Bryan at WM30).

Based on how they're presenting things currently, especially leaning in to the whole "Nia Jax legit injured Becky Lynch," I expect that they'll somehow get Becky into a revenge program with her leading up to Mania and leave the ME as just a singles match. Maybe via a double-elimination in the rumble so that Becky and Rousey both get to pick their opponents, but can't pick one another.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 11-19-2018 at 11:25 AM.

"Golden Child" meaning that she is the face they want front and center on all their women's marketing, the person they want main eventing whenver possible, etc.

And yeah, there is a 0% chance that Mania is gonna be Lynch / Rousey now. It's gonna be Charlotte / Rousey, which is what they've wanted since Rousey signed (and probably before). The question isn't "How are they gonna handle Charlotte," because the answer is the same as it always has been: push her to the moon. The question is whether or not the fans go with this storyline or if Becky has enough juice / momentum to keep them demanding that she be included as part of things (a la Daniel Bryan at WM30).

Based on how they're presenting things currently, especially leaning in to the whole "Nia Jax legit injured Becky Lynch," I expect that they'll somehow get Becky into a revenge program with her leading up to Mania and leave the ME as just a singles match. Maybe via a double-elimination in the rumble so that Becky and Rousey both get to pick their opponents, but can't pick one another.
    It's going to be hard to promote them, seeing as how they are on different brands. BUT, there is an out. Shane said anyone that lost was getting fired. I can see him firing Charlotte so Stephanie can pick her up to feud with Rousey. That leaves Lynch with no one to oppose her on SD though. Unless they put Jax on that roster.

The fans have chosen Lynch, even more than they rejected Roman. Vince can keep ignoring that, but even though he doesn't always know when an idea is a loser, he rarely misses on the winners, even when they come from outta nowhere. (Daniel Bryan)

It's going to be hard to promote them, seeing as how they are on different brands. BUT, there is an out. Shane said anyone that lost was getting fired. I can see him firing Charlotte so Stephanie can pick her up to feud with Rousey. That leaves Lynch with no one to oppose her on SD though. Unless they put Jax on that roster.

The fans have chosen Lynch, even more than they rejected Roman. Vince can keep ignoring that, but even though he doesn't always know when an idea is a loser, he rarely misses on the winners, even when they come from outta nowhere. (Daniel Bryan)
    Nah -- no need for it to be that complex when you have the ability to use the Royal Rumble to set up your matches.

Here's how I see it going:

1. Becky is stripped of her title on SD, Charlotte wins a tournament culminating at TLC to become SD Champion.
    2. Ronda loses her RAW title at TLC to Nia Jax after Charlotte interferes.
    3. Ronda and Becky double-eliminate one another in the Rumble and are declared co-victors -- Ronda picks Charlotte, Becky picks Nia Jax.
    4. Ronda beats Charlotte in the Main Event and comes to Smackdown in preparation for the show moving to FOX, Charlotte gets traded to RAW the next night.
    5. Becky loses to Nia Jax in an earlier match on the WM card, remains on Smackdown after the shakeup and is Ronda's first title defense as SD Champion at MITB.

The only question is whether or not the audience goes with a storyline that clearly subordinates Becky Lynch on the card.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 11-19-2018 at 12:19 PM.

I agree that Becky Lynch will be targeting Nia at some point. Problem is, I'm not sure Nia is going to get the push. I see them pushing her towards the new women's tag titles with the awful Tamina.

BTW, Tamina is really bad. Bad on the mic, can't do her dad's moves. Seems less athletic than Jax.

Joe Rogan had a nice interview with Jake Roberts recently...shared some insights on his famous match with Randy Savage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUtW...3SbKKWtezGY66M
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Cue Dusty....

Starrcade, the granddaddy of them all baby, is live and personal to that gloryland of Porkopolis - CIN-CIN-NATI O-HI-O jack. Whats I needs to know daddy, if you will... is who going to bringing the plunder, laying the sunder and making the big bang of thunder this weekend?

Starrcade in Cincinnati? If only this were 1986... I would have done pert near anything to have since one of those live if was in Cincinnati. I regret not going to the 86 Bash tour at Riverfront stadium.

anyone going to Starrcade? They will be showing a 1 hour special of it on the network as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

R.I.P. mean Gene Ockerland aged 76 died today

15. Likes:

M2 (01-02-2019)

Becky! Becky! Becky! Becky! On to wrestlemania to kick Rhonda’s ass ��

Am I the only one hoping Elias would wrap that guitar around the Memphis Midcarders head?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

18. Likes:

TRF (01-29-2019)

Turn Off Ads?