Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

I am wondering why the sudden heel turn for Elias. I mean, the guy is over, period. Face, Heel, doesn't matter, but this seems a little sudden.

Also, from last night, seemed like Ambrose got rushed off. Rumor is his contract is up and he's not renewing. Daniel Bryan did not appear in the ring as expected, the night ended weird. And all the booing of Rousey REALLY threw her off. She got better once Becky showed up.

BTW, did anyone catch the four horsewomen sign Becky threw to Bayley as they passed each other on the apron? I was really hoping as Bayley left the ring she was going to throw that up to Ronda.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I am wondering why the sudden heel turn for Elias. I mean, the guy is over, period. Face, Heel, doesn't matter, but this seems a little sudden.

Also, from last night, seemed like Ambrose got rushed off. Rumor is his contract is up and he's not renewing. Daniel Bryan did not appear in the ring as expected, the night ended weird. And all the booing of Rousey REALLY threw her off. She got better once Becky showed up.

BTW, did anyone catch the four horsewomen sign Becky threw to Bayley as they passed each other on the apron? I was really hoping as Bayley left the ring she was going to throw that up to Ronda.
    When he only lasted like 15 minutes (Elias) in the Rumble I thought something was up. WWE may just not see "it" in him. I hate it because he always entertains me and is one of my favorites on Raw now. Maybe he's going to SDL soon? I popped for him cracking those guitars over Jarrett's back (I just despise Double J that much).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

https://www.wwe.com/article/dean-amb...L_VBdijGhx9d-A

This sucks they continue to railroad guys for the once a quarter Lesnar and now this.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Rumor has it he is headed for AEW...Lesnar might follow. AEW is interesting and has some financial backing at this point to be an annoyance to WWE.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nia Jax getting the RKO from Orton? I'm sensing Vince is moving back towards the Attitude era. AEW may be a real threat. WWE runs at a breakneck speed 365 days a year, if AEW can offer competitive salaries with more days off I think you'll see a WCW like flocking.

It's frankly best for all wrestling fans.

I'd prefer ROH merged with IMPACT. ROH has horrible production values. IMPACT is better, and better on the internet. Form one company, and get a real TV contract. With FOX getting Smackdown, it could be a rush towards wrestling as content again. AEW has a billionaire backer, so you know TV is coming for them.

It really is an interesting time. a new Monday Night Wars so to speak.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Nia Jax getting the RKO from Orton? I'm sensing Vince is moving back towards the Attitude era. AEW may be a real threat. WWE runs at a breakneck speed 365 days a year, if AEW can offer competitive salaries with more days off I think you'll see a WCW like flocking.

It's frankly best for all wrestling fans.
    I actually thought Jax in the Rumble was one of the highlights (as boring as it was). She's the one woman on the roster big enough to actually hang with many of the guys. She even got an elimination.

William Arthur Ward

Rousey had one option and hit it out of the park:

“You need to stay home and rest up till WrestleMania so then you can finally receive the beating even your moping, woe-is-me ass won’t find some reason to lament about,” Rousey told Lynch backstage, adding, after looking down at Lynch’s injured knee then back up at her, “Ice and Advil, *****.”

Wow!

10. Likes:

TRF (02-06-2019)

The original Hart Foundation will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...2019-.html?p=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

12. Likes:

TRF (02-06-2019)

They are really going full Stone Cold Steve Austin with Becky Lynch.

William Arthur Ward

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...7091550836895/

What's the odds he's "cleared to return" but is going to train with Seth (knock off the ring rust, get back in fighting shape) in preparation for Seth's match with Brock. Then after Mania he returns full time?

William Arthur Ward

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...7091550836895/

What's the odds he's "cleared to return" but is going to train with Seth (knock off the ring rust, get back in fighting shape) in preparation for Seth's match with Brock. Then after Mania he returns full time?
    Minimal, IMO.

The recovery times being quoted by medical people when the story first broke was in the year+ range, and the consensus was that this was an "if, not when" situation in terms of ever being able to come back.

This seems more like Vince needing to bump the ratings and possibly do something to create heat around the otherwise dead Rollins / Brock WM match.

It's a pity Ambrose is on his way out the door, because you'd ideally want him involved in Reigns coming back too. I doubt they'll give him that kinda spotlight, since it seems like he's just gonna job his way out to WM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Minimal, IMO.

The recovery times being quoted by medical people when the story first broke was in the year+ range, and the consensus was that this was an "if, not when" situation in terms of ever being able to come back.

This seems more like Vince needing to bump the ratings and possibly do something to create heat around the otherwise dead Rollins / Brock WM match.

It's a pity Ambrose is on his way out the door, because you'd ideally want him involved in Reigns coming back too. I doubt they'll give him that kinda spotlight, since it seems like he's just gonna job his way out to WM.
    I was close and the ending was perfect.

I didn't think they could top the stoic God Save the Queen wave when he left the last time, but I was wrong.
    Last edited by Slyder; 02-26-2019 at 12:30 PM.

William Arthur Ward

I was wrong
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

TRF (03-06-2019)

Jimmy Hart was Sirius XM today discussing Bundy and he named off sooo many wrestlers who have died that were at the original Wrestlemania...sad to see.

Turn Off Ads?