Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Hercules Hernandez has passed as well.

https://wrestlerdeaths.com/hercules-death/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Hercules Hernandez has passed as well.

https://wrestlerdeaths.com/hercules-death/
    I wonder if it was the steroids. I know sometimes its dumb genetic luck to get a weak heart (and many die of heart problems young) but steroids in that era were EVERYWHERE. Plus he died in 04.

Fastlane is this Sunday, what role if any does Kofi play in the Owens/Bryan match? Any matches you looking forward to? If they're going with Kofi/Bryan at Mania I hope next Tuesday they rehash everything and make a number 1 contender match between Kofi and RKO.
    Last edited by Slyder; 03-07-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

At this point, Kofi has to win the belt somehow. I was pretty much marking out for him in the Chamber match.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    At this point, Kofi has to win the belt somehow. I was pretty much marking out for him in the Chamber match.
    I felt bad for Ali being put in that position last night. Should have just had some random heel come out, no one short of Kofi was going to get cheered in that spot. Imagine if WWE brought Barrett back for that... "You want Kofi? I'm Afraid I've got some BAD NEWS FOR YA".
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I hope I'm wrong and things pick up in the next two weeks but as of right now it sure seems like this could be one of the weakest WrestleMania shows of all time.

Outside of the Rousey/Lynch/Flair match, there is nothing to get super excited about.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

outside Rousey, Raw was 100% unwatchable last night.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I hope I'm wrong and things pick up in the next two weeks but as of right now it sure seems like this could be one of the weakest WrestleMania shows of all time.

Outside of the Rousey/Lynch/Flair match, there is nothing to get super excited about.
    They had something special until they (and by they I mean probably Vince) shoehorned Charlotte in there. Although that did open up Rousey to say screw the woooo in whats still one of her better promos in WWE.

I would be on the other end of the spectrum. It might not be WrestleMania X7 but there are things I'm really interested in.

Batista vs HHH, if they go full ruthless aggression GREAT potential!
    Rollins vs Lesner, they have to do something with Roman right? I'm still not sold Ambrose leaving isn't some smoke and mirrors.
    Miz vs Shane, both guys better as heels but I have missed this Shane. He reminded me this past Tuesday of just how good he can be.
    Kofi Challenge. I found it funny they went to the "B+ player" with Daniel as the one who said it. I hope they go somewhere with it in two weeks.
    Roman vs Drew. I still have hope for Drew.

Baron vs Angle- yes this is going to suck the life out of the crowd. I was hoping the rumors were true and everything would come full circle with Kurt vs Cena. Baron is supposedly one of "Vince's projects" but I don't get the appeal.

William Arthur Ward

Rousey was terrific last night and is a full heel now. I hope she extends her contract, because she is waaaay more interesting now. It'd be great to set up a 4 horsewomen feud. Lynch and Charlotte on the same team but sniping at each other with Banks egging it on and Bayley trying to keep the peace. Damn, it writes itself.

As unwatchable as Raw was, Kofi MADE Smackdown.

I'm loving the whole thing with him.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm really more digging the Miz's face turn. It's incredible character work over the last few years.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

12. Likes:

Slyder (06-28-2019),TRF (03-22-2019)

Wrestle mania expected to last over 7 hours with 16 to 17 matches, talk about overkill!

14. Likes:

Chip R (03-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Villian View Post
    Wrestle mania expected to last over 7 hours with 16 to 17 matches, talk about overkill!
    that is waaaay too much.

And now Vince sacrifices Asuka AGAIN for Charlotte to make Charlotte relevant... If her last name was anything but Flair she’d be carrying the clubs for Nia Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Arthur Ward

17. Likes:

TRF (03-27-2019)

Im not thrilled about this Wrestlemania. Battle Royal may be the best match of the night.

I dropped WWE Network a couple months back (among some other monthly services) just in a cost cutting effort. I miss it from time to time but can survive without it. The plan all along has been to use a different email address, re-up the subscription for WrestleMania in order to get the free first month, then just cancel it out before the billing hits. I want to watch the show Sunday and have always loved the Hall of Fame inductions.

Then Monday night happened.

That would be considered a bad go-home show to a PPV in December, much less the go-home to WrestleMania. The last image we have (from Raw, anyway....didn't watch Smackdown) is Baron Corbin getting an ankle lock? Really?

I want to keep hanging on with WWE, I really do. I'm 33 and understand that the Attitude Era is never coming back. I get it. I enjoyed the run they had earlier this decade with CM Punk among others. But what the WWE is putting out right now is making it really, really hard for a long time fan to not just completely give up.

I really don't know if I'm even going to waste time with this weekend. The Hall of Fame class is "meh" at best and the show on Sunday looks like it could be maybe the worst in the history of WrestleMania.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?