Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I dropped WWE Network a couple months back (among some other monthly services) just in a cost cutting effort. I miss it from time to time but can survive without it. The plan all along has been to use a different email address, re-up the subscription for WrestleMania in order to get the free first month, then just cancel it out before the billing hits. I want to watch the show Sunday and have always loved the Hall of Fame inductions.

Then Monday night happened.

That would be considered a bad go-home show to a PPV in December, much less the go-home to WrestleMania. The last image we have (from Raw, anyway....didn't watch Smackdown) is Baron Corbin getting an ankle lock? Really?

I want to keep hanging on with WWE, I really do. I'm 33 and understand that the Attitude Era is never coming back. I get it. I enjoyed the run they had earlier this decade with CM Punk among others. But what the WWE is putting out right now is making it really, really hard for a long time fan to not just completely give up.

I really don't know if I'm even going to waste time with this weekend. The Hall of Fame class is "meh" at best and the show on Sunday looks like it could be maybe the worst in the history of WrestleMania.
    Completely disagree with what you said about RAW... minus anything with the word Corbin in it. Oddly enough, I like his work, but he's vomitous on the mic.

The Rousey/Lynch/Flair segment was absolute gold. I've watched that clip almost a dozen times and it has me in tears laughing so hard.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Completely disagree with what you said about RAW... minus anything with the word Corbin in it. Oddly enough, I like his work, but he's vomitous on the mic.

The Rousey/Lynch/Flair segment was absolute gold. I've watched that clip almost a dozen times and it has me in tears laughing so hard.
    I wish they'd just stuck with Rousey/Lynch, but for some reason Vince gotta have that blonde in there. She has the personality of a cardboard cut out with a pull string. The only thing of hers I enjoyed was that kick to Ronda as she was yelling at Becky. That was BRUTAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I wish they'd just stuck with Rousey/Lynch, but for some reason Vince gotta have that blonde in there. She has the personality of a cardboard cut out with a pull string. The only thing of hers I enjoyed was that kick to Ronda as she was yelling at Becky. That was BRUTAL.
    I'll admit I like Charlotte more when she's not being "The Queen", but rather when she's more natural (pun in tended).

Ashley Massero has passed away at 39.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/05/16/ashley...ar-dead-at-39/

Also Ric Flair has been hospitalized but is expected to make a full recovery.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/16/ric-f...cal-emergency/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Over/Under Charlotte breaking Ric's record? I give it sometime in 2020 at the rate they cram her into every title picture.. EVER. Hopefully they didn't have Bailey cash in just to get Sasha'd and lose it right back to Charlotte in a month.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Sasha is gone when her contract is up later this year from what I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Over/Under Charlotte breaking Ric's record? I give it sometime in 2020 at the rate they cram her into every title picture.. EVER. Hopefully they didn't have Bailey cash in just to get Sasha'd and lose it right back to Charlotte in a month.
    Their was an article the other day that said Ric Flair really had anywhere from 19 to 25 Heavyweight Title Reins but the official number was 16. some of the mystery title reins were when Ric Flair were in some countries and the local crowds would not let Ric Flair out unless the local guy won. The reports were that Flair would drop the Belt and then before they left they would have a dark match where Flair would win the title back. I remember Steamboat mentioning before that Flair had more than the official number of 16.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=30190

RIC FLAIR: THE 16-TIME... 18-TIME ... 21-TIME... EXACTLY HOW MANY TIMES HAS HE BEEN WORLD CHAMPION?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...12p2ZTkXYRjL0o

How many time has ric flair been world champion?

how many time has ric flair been world champion?

Flair is a 9 time(even though many say 10, the 10th was NOT a World title regin) NWA World champion. The two other title changes people refer to DID NOT TAKE PLACE. Flair simply allowed the person to leave the arena with the title, though he never lost the match. Flair is an offically 8 time champion, but he and Harley Race did a title change, where Flair was pinned, while doing an overseas tour. Since their was apin invovled, Flair is a 9 time NWA World Champion.

Flair is a 2 time WWF World Champion.

Flair is an 8 time WCW World Champion.

In all actualness, Flair has been a legit world champion 19 times. 1 of those was an unofficial NWA title change with Harley Race. Flair also has two matches where the man he faced just walked out with the title because he was afraid of riots but Flair did not lose the titles.

Also should be noted.... Midnight Rider did pin Ric Flair for the NWA World title. When he refused to disclose who he was the title was returned to Flair. If wrestling promotors had followed kayfabe better, they would have actually counted Midnight Rider as a world champion and their would be a note stating he was stripped of the title due to not following NWA Bylaws. However, Since wrestling is a work, they already knew they wasnt letting Dusty(Midnight Rider) keep the title so they simply gave it back to Flair. When the title was returned to Flair, it should have counted as a new title reign, which would give him another to count. Unfortunately, NWA didnt have that foresight.

So it boils down to Flair having 18 legit title reigns.
    1 unofficial title change with Race that DID involve a planned pin.
    2 times Flair let his opponent keep the title out of fear.
    1 time as NWA International champiom(NOT a World title reign)

So, the answer is 19 planned title reigns, 18 with approval, 1 without!

Bayley winning MITB was perfect booking.

Bayley cashing in was even better. She's got the 2nd best top rope elbow drop right now just behind Kairi Sane. Well ahead of Rollins, Elias et al.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Bayley winning MITB was perfect booking.

Bayley cashing in was even better. She's got the 2nd best top rope elbow drop right now just behind Kairi Sane. Well ahead of Rollins, Elias et al.
    Io Shirai has the best "you name the move" in the world, but I support saying positive things about Bayley.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Well, I was speaking WWE only, as this is that thread..

Really looking forward to the new ratings wars with AEW. I also think IMPACT! is starting to develop a nice niche for themselves. If ROH had half the production values of IMPACT! they'd be a force.

I'd be interested in seeing if The Briscoes can PG-13 their language enough to get on tv here in the U.S.

I liked last night on Raw that the WWE has brought back a milder version of the Hardcore belt called the 24/7 Belt. Mic Foley basically said the same thing about the belt when he introduced it lasyt night as when it was the Hardcore Belt. He said this belt is 24/7 that you have to want it 24/7 and its a way of life etc. He said the belt open to anyone on any of the rosters even international ones.As long as a ref is present the belt can change hands. Foley put it down in the Ring and the First to grab it was Titus Oneil the first 24/7 Champ. He was going up the Ramp when Robert Roode blindsided him and pinned him. Roode than was hiding rest of the night when R Truth offered to hid Roode in his car trunk. He got everyone to leave then opened the trunk and offered roode a ride. As Roode opened the passenger side door he sees a ref. He goes what is going on when Rtruth pins him and becomes the new Champ. Renee Young said this is crazy. I don't think she was there for the Hardcore days. R truth will be taking the belt to Smackdown.

When do they break out Molly Holly with the frying pan? If they give this a chance and more than just backstage stuff, this might not suck.

Imagine RTruth checking into the hotel, a bellhop attacks him and turns out to be Rusev, channel Booker T/ Austin in the grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Arthur Ward

Mic Foley said that even some legends might be making appearances soon going after the 24/7 belt. fighting for the Title soon as well. Slyder the announcers last night were saying what you said about bell hops etc attacking him for the belt.

Turn Off Ads?