Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/13/16 - Reds vs Phillies

Re: 5/13/16 - Reds vs Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by Elam View Post
    George just said "midget" and I get the sense he instantly realized he probably shouldn't have said that
    #FireGeorge

2. Turn Off Ads?

George just said "midget" and I get the sense he instantly realized he probably shouldn't have said that
    The Best Darn Midget Show Period
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Chip R (05-13-2016),Knightro28 (05-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I know there's the thought out there that the Reds are a decent bullpen away from being .500. But that ignores that the starters have been pretty fortunate considering their peripherals. The starters collective FIP is almost a run and half higher than their ERA. And that's not just an Alfredo Simon inflated stat. Guys like Finnegan have to get that K:BB ratio moving in the right direction or this season could get REALLY ugly.
    Statistically, the Reds have the worst pitching in the NL and it's not close. Reds fWAR pitching is -2.3. The Brewers are next worst, -0.2.

Finnegan is a kid pitching every fifth day in the bigs, I'm not expecting miracles. This is really development for him.

The only way the Reds pitching is going to improve meaningfully is to replace about 7-8 of the 12 pitchers on their staff. Which will happen in time.

Nice rope from Geno for a single.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The Reds' pitching is going to stink for a few more months, but things are going to turn around as long as we have some patience.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Nice hit for Suarez, well struck, hope he gets it going.

Yeah, George is going to have to be more careful.
    Name:  drebin.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  50.2 KB

Just need George to say something racist now and we can be done with him for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Statistically, the Reds have the worst pitching in the NL and it's not close. Reds fWAR pitching is -2.3. The Brewers are next worst, -0.2.

Finnegan is a kid pitching every fifth day in the bigs, I'm not expecting miracles. This is really development for him.

The only way the Reds pitching is going to improve meaningfully is to replace about 7-8 of the 12 pitchers on their staff. Which will happen in time.
    I'm definitely in the camp that thinks Finnegan should be starting this year. My post was more a reaction to those who think that had the front office invested in the bullpen that this team would be .500 or better.

Suarez snapped an 0-14 skid with that hit.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Votto is struggling against Hellickson's weak stuff.

Joey just has no clue against Hellickson for whatever reason.

Votto is too concerned about fancy coffees and designer clothes, IMO.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

#notelite
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

oh my god... Suarez looked slower than a sumo wrestler trying to steal there. Bad pitch and he was still gunned down easily.

Turn Off Ads?