Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 5/13/16 - Reds vs Phillies

Re: 5/13/16 - Reds vs Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Probably better to stick with scientific nomenclature and use "Ewok."
    Geez! I would have thought that with a username like yours, you would have appreciated my post!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

Gandalf the Red (05-13-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

He got it!!! He got it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Love me some Tyler Holt
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I'm gonna start the Tyler Holt fan club. I need some ideas for a good name for it

Tyler Holt is a very useful backup OF! Excellent defense, good speed, and makes contact (at least so far)!

8. Likes:

757690 (05-13-2016)

Holt is a good ball player. Like him as a backup outfielder. They should keep him.

10. Likes:

757690 (05-13-2016)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Billy Pipp?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Statistically, the Reds have the worst pitching in the NL and it's not close. Reds fWAR pitching is -2.3. The Brewers are next worst, -0.2.

Finnegan is a kid pitching every fifth day in the bigs, I'm not expecting miracles. This is really development for him.

The only way the Reds pitching is going to improve meaningfully is to replace about 7-8 of the 12 pitchers on their staff. Which will happen in time.
    I kind of feel for Finnegan. AAA would be the best place for him to hone his craft (see: Reed & Stephenson), yet he is out there throwing 20 pitches every inning in the big leagues out of necessity.

That said, must be nice to collect that MLB paycheck. So I only KIND OF feel for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Holt is a good ball player. Like him as a backup outfielder. They should keep him.
    Of course, there was a significant number of folks here on RedsZone who wanted to keep Jake Cave instead. I even saw someone suggest trading Holt to the Yankees to keep Cave's rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Of course, there was a significant number of folks here on RedsZone who wanted to keep Jake Cave instead. I even saw someone suggest trading Holt to the Yankees to keep Cave's rights.
    I probably would have kept Cave over Holt, only cause Holt had options. That said, I was in favor of sending Schebler to AAA to begin the season, so with Yorman on the DL, I would have kept both Cave and Holt.

As I noted earlier, Cave is off to a very hot start in the minors and was just promoted to AAA the other day and has already homered. He can really hit righties.

- - - Updated - - -

Duvall with a two out, broken bat single.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Another lead-off walk. Brandon "Danger Powers" Finnegan likes to live dangerously.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I do not remember Wilson Valdez pitching in a game.
    I remember him getting the Win for the Phillies against the Reds in a 19 inning game a few yrs ago.

17. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-13-2016)

High highs and low lows for Finnegan. Struck out nine Phillies last month, walked five of them so far today.

Walks will haunt.

Riggleman on the phone to the bullpen. Pryce wouldn't let Brandon leave the mound until he'd given up seven runs and eaten all of his brussels sprouts.

21. Likes:

Big Klu (05-13-2016)

Turn Off Ads?