Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Senzel

Re: Nick Senzel

I think part of what plays into a successful organization is taking care of your franchises. Senzel should start at Billings so our fans there can see him. Even if it's only 2 weeks. And if he's hitting very well, send him to Dayton for 2 weeks. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't expect the Reds to do that. But it's what they should do.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

SirFelixCat (06-10-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think part of what plays into a successful organization is taking care of your franchises. Senzel should start at Billings so our fans there can see him. Even if it's only 2 weeks. And if he's hitting very well, send him to Dayton for 2 weeks. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't expect the Reds to do that. But it's what they should do.
    Oh, good God, no.

Challenge thy hitters.

Best case, he's ready for AA as next year begins.

You play the fan game, best case drops by at least a year.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-10-2016 at 09:53 AM.

5. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-10-2016),Benihana (06-10-2016),M2 (06-10-2016),Old school 1983 (06-10-2016),RedsRocker (06-11-2016),Rojo (06-10-2016)

I'd LOVE to see Senzel when Dayton plays in Fort Wayne in a few weeks, but I'd love it even more to see him succeeding at a higher level if that's what the organization deems best. I hope the Reds prioritize player development way more than drawing fans to their minor league teams.

7. Likes:

Mitri (06-10-2016),RedsRocker (06-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    He's something between a Joey Votto and Jesse Winker playing 3B.
    Let's not get carried away here. Can we at least compare him to other 3B rather than an elite MLB 1B bat or an elite LF prospect bat? I'd say he is more of a Jeff Cirillo type, which I would take in a heartbeat.

9. Likes:

Rojo (06-10-2016),Rojo Rijo (06-10-2016),westofyou (06-10-2016)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    Let's not get carried away here. Can we at least compare him to other 3B rather than an elite MLB 1B bat or an elite LF prospect bat? I'd say he is more of a Jeff Cirillo type, which I would take in a heartbeat.
    Here's a blast from the past: Carney Lansford.

I still think Ryan Zimmerman is the best comp here.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Someone last night on MLB Network compared him to Scott Rolen.

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by androosh View Post
    Except Rolen is one of great defensive 3b ever. Senzel will never be that. Zimmerman really is the best comp.

13. Likes:

androosh (06-10-2016)

It's amazing how many people on this site just cast development aside when discussing what a kid who hasn't taken a swing above D1 ball is going to be once he gets to Cincinnati.

I get it, and I like the pick, but for every Mike Leake there are a hundred Jay Bruces and on top of that not every high pick works out. I think management did a fantastic job identifying the best hitter in this draft who also happens to have the highest floor but some of us should pump the brakes a bit.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (06-12-2016)

I didn't know Chase Headley was a Vol, he seems like a solid all-around comp as well. Of course, hopefully Senzel would have more 2012 Headley in him than Headley ultimately did.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by androosh View Post
    I don't think he'll ever develop enough power to make that comparison worthwhile. I think he's a teens HR guy who might crack 20+ in a career year. I'm hoping his floor is Joe Randa and his ceiling is Cirillo. Lansford fits in there somewhere in the middle.

18. Likes:

androosh (06-10-2016)

OK what is RZ's best gues when we will see Senzel in the majors? Sometime in 2017? 2018? Beyond that?? I am hoping sometime next season. It seems many of these better college hitters make a quick rise to the majors. But that might be too much hoping.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    Except Rolen is one of great defensive 3b ever. Senzel will never be that. Zimmerman really is the best comp.
    I'm not saying he will be Rolen, but someone asked for comparisons to other 3B rather than elite 1B and elite LF prospects, so just wanted to throw it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    OK what is RZ's best gues when we will see Senzel in the majors? Sometime in 2017? 2018? Beyond that?? I am hoping sometime next season. It seems many of these better college hitters make a quick rise to the majors. But that might be too much hoping.
    I could see a summer of 2017 arrival if the bat is as polished as advertised.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

22. Likes:

androosh (06-10-2016),cumberlandreds (06-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Now that would be fast. More power to him if he can move that quick.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

24. Likes:

androosh (06-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    While it would be nice, that may be too high of expectations. I'd expect an arrival sometime in 2018, which would fit nicely with BP's exit and Suarez's transition to 2B.
    Go BLUE!!!

26. Likes:

Chuckie (06-10-2016),RedsRocker (06-11-2016)

Turn Off Ads?