Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Taylor "Swift" Trammell

He's the next best thing to Moniak! He could have a similar profile to be honest but a lot more raw. Love the upside here. He probably has more power potential.

Trammell features very impressive speed, at least a 70-grade, and matches the speed with a hustling approach. He has the range and instincts to be an excellent center fielder. His arm is the weakest tool, likely a 45, but he realizes this and has put in work to strengthen the arm and enhance the accuracy of his throws. It will never be plus but it shouldn't be a liability in the long run given how well his range plays.

On offense, he has gap power and a chance to develop more. His speed should be devastating on the bases. Unlike many players with a football background, his hitting skills are reasonably refined given his age and he should have the plate discipline to be a quality leadoff man.

Today has been awesome.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

2. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (06-10-2016),REDREAD (06-13-2016),savafan (06-09-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Agreed, I'm loving the first 3 picks!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

5. Likes:

Cannon (06-09-2016),nmculbreth (06-10-2016)

Tay ⚾Tram ‏@TayTram24 38m38 minutes ago
    �� I'm a Cincinnati Red ��
    https://twitter.com/taytram24

- - - Updated - - -

Tay ⚾Tram ‏@TayTram24 38m38 minutes ago
    🔴 I'm a Cincinnati Red 🔴
    https://twitter.com/taytram24

7. Likes:

Cannon (06-09-2016)

Absolutely LOVE this pick!! Well done Mr. Buckley
    Go BLUE!!!

9. Likes:

nmculbreth (06-10-2016),OnBaseMachine (06-10-2016)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

is this really happening

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-10-2016),redsmetz (06-10-2016),RedTeamGo! (06-10-2016)

Might be the steal of the draft.

All-star ceiling

My favorite pick of ours so far. So we've got a toolsy outfielder who seems intelligent and knows how to work on weaknesses of his game. Couple that with an Amir Garrett level of experience in baseball and pro-level coaching to fix bad habits before they start.

If he ends up like Billy Hamilton with a good bat that's about perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    My favorite pick of ours so far.
    Mine too.

As to the 45 arm, his throwing motion in that video looks really funky. Gotta believe that can fixed.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

A young Jason Heyward, perhaps?
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I love this pick. I read somewhere that his plate discipline is really good considering he's still raw and inexperienced. He was rumored to be going to the Pirates in the first round.

The Reds owned day one, IMO. Three hitters with quality plate approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I love this pick. I read somewhere that his plate discipline is really good considering he's still raw and inexperienced. He was rumored to be going to the Pirates in the first round.

The Reds owned day one, IMO. Three hitters with quality plate approaches.
    Speaking of this, I was thinking earlier, when is "plate approach/discipline" going to become widely recognized as "the 6th tool". I can tell you I look at that over Speed and Arm every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

18. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (06-10-2016),Edd Roush (06-10-2016),SirFelixCat (06-10-2016),SoTxRedsFan (06-10-2016),Z-Fly (06-10-2016)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Speaking of this, I was thinking earlier, when is "plate approach/discipline" going to become widely recognized as "the 6th tool". I can tell you I look at that over Speed and Arm every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't approach/discipline along with contact a large part of the "hit" tool?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Alright, so a night to sleep on it and get the excitement out of my system I have to say I am extremely happy with this pick. I hadn't done too much research on Trammell before the draft because I thought he was a lock between 10-25 but I spent pretty much all last night looking up what I could and watching a ton of video and my goodness this is definitely the next best thing to Moniak (for that kind of player) to me. BA rates him as having the 2nd best strikezone discipline in the draft of HS batters behind only Moniak (ahead of Kieboom, which is more impressive when you consider he's a two sport star). His speed was also top of the charts. His fielding is already getting great reviews (helped by his speed) but his arm isn't very good, though there's a lot of optimism that can improve. One thing that struck me is that in watching both Moniak and Trammell their swings are very similar from the left side. Moniak already has a leg up and has more experience and polish but Trammell is a better athlete, and I'd bet on him having a higher power ceiling also. I think they profile very similarly to be honest though one is a lot safer (Moniak).

There's a lot to like about this pick. Obviously he's still raw but the upside is there for sure if things go right. Plus he can always fall back on his music career if nothing else.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

21. Likes:

REDREAD (06-13-2016)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Isn't approach/discipline along with contact a large part of the "hit" tool?
    Not at all.

Scouts can adjust things to reflect those things within the hit tool, though.

23. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-10-2016)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Trammell to sign Monday:

Mt. Paran Christian graduate Taylor Trammell, selected by the Cincinnati Reds with the 35th overall pick, plans to sign with the team Monday. Trammell flew Sunday to Arizona, site of the team’s spring-training headquarters, for a physical and to sign his contract. Trammell said he couldn’t give out contract details.

The next stop, he said, will be the Reds’ rookie-league team in Billings, Mont.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

25. Likes:

BillDoran (06-13-2016),Cannon (06-13-2016),corkedbat (06-13-2016),marcshoe (06-13-2016),OnBaseMachine (06-13-2016),RiverRat13 (06-13-2016),Tom Servo (06-13-2016),Wonderful Monds (06-13-2016)

Turn Off Ads?