Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Re: Taylor "Swift" Trammell

Loved this pick at the time ... love it even more now. As Culbreth said, Trammell is my favorite pick of the draft because we knew we were going to get a stud with the No. 2 overall pick (in theory). But to get a guy like Trammell 35th, it made it feel like the Reds had two top-15 picks or something. I still don't get the Okey pick and paying him a half-million over slot, but at least the Reds did well with their two top picks IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    I still don't get the Okey pick
    He hit .339/.465/.611 this year at Clemson while playing good defense at a premium position, seems pretty easy to get.

Who would you have taken?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-07-2016),Old school 1983 (07-07-2016),OnBaseMachine (07-07-2016),redsmetz (07-07-2016),SoTxRedsFan (07-07-2016)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He hit .339/.465/.611 this year at Clemson while playing good defense at a premium position, seems pretty easy to get.

The highest ranked player on the BA/MLB Pipeline draft board. And paid them slot money.

6. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-07-2016),podgejeff_ (07-07-2016),RedsfaninMT (07-07-2016),SoTxRedsFan (07-07-2016),Tom Servo (07-07-2016)

I liked Kyle Muller at that spot, personally.

That said, I'm definitely willing to give Okey the benefit of the doubt and looking forward to what he can do in Dayton the rest of the year.

Meanwhile, I couldn't love the Trammell pick more. There is actually a decent chance that by this time next year, he could be the #1 prospect in the system.
    Go BLUE!!!

Are we playing that game already? Ok, I'm in.

At that pick, I didn't have any pitchers that I felt were no-brainers. And I wanted to get bats in the system.

In order, I liked the following guys: 1) Nolan Jones (far and away); 2) Joe Rizzo; 3) Austin Hays; 4) Sean Murphy; 5) Heath Quinn

With that said, I don't mind the Okey pick at all. We need better catching talent in our system, Okey seems to be a guy with the ability to hit decently and field decently.

I'm "Okey" with that.

9. Likes:

redsmetz (07-07-2016),Tom Servo (07-07-2016)

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Probably not that bold a take, but this time next season Senzel and Trammell will both be in the top 3 on most Reds prospects rankings.

Doug,

With Taylor being 6'2 and a 195lbs, he is going to grow some physically once he starts to mature physically. Do you think he is a 20 HR guy in 3 years if he puts on some good weight?

What do you think his power potential will eventually be and will he "outgrow" center field and ends up in a corner outfield. Or are we looking at a white elephant type of player who is 6'2 215 lbs in 3 years, who hits with above average power and plays good defense in CF?
    Last edited by bellhead; 07-07-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Nolan Jones signed for just 250k more than Okey and they are still sitting on 700k that they have not used.

A backup 1st baseman?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by cumberlandreds; 07-07-2016 at 01:24 PM. Reason: double post
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Kyle Muller. Love his arm.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Kyle Muller. Love his arm.
    Muller was a bit of a favorite of mine as well.

But I want to know who Chuckie wanted.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-07-2016),M2 (07-07-2016),redsmetz (07-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Loved this pick at the time ... love it even more now. As Culbreth said, Trammell is my favorite pick of the draft because we knew we were going to get a stud with the No. 2 overall pick (in theory). But to get a guy like Trammell 35th, it made it feel like the Reds had two top-15 picks or something. I still don't get the Okey pick and paying him a half-million over slot, but at least the Reds did well with their two top picks IMO.
    Don't get the Okey pick?

Mesoraco's future is in doubt so Reds wanted a college catcher.

Okey had the ability to go back to Clemson so he got $500,000 over slot.

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Doug,

With Taylor being 6'2 and a 195lbs, he is going to grow some physically once he starts to mature physically. Do you think he is a 20 HR guy in 3 years if he puts on some good weight?

What do you think his power potential will eventually be and will he "outgrow" center field and ends up in a corner outfield. Or are we looking at a white elephant type of player who is 6'2 215 lbs in 3 years, who hits with above average power and plays good defense in CF?
    Scouts love his defensive ability and he projects to be a plus defender in CF...I don't think there's much worry about him sticking there. He's also a bit thicker and more athletic than say Moniak so I would say he definitely could have a 'ceiling' of 15+ HRs. I could see a 20/.275/.350/30 guy in CF from Trammell.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

19. Likes:

REDREAD (07-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Scouts love his defensive ability and he projects to be a plus defender in CF...I don't think there's much worry about him sticking there. He's also a bit thicker and more athletic than say Moniak so I would say he definitely could have a 'ceiling' of 15+ HRs. I could see a 20/.275/.350/30 guy in CF from Trammell.
    At 18 I have to think he is going to add strength and muscle, that is why I am thinking he may be the white elephant type of centerfielder who hits for power and plays plus defense in center.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (07-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    At 18 I have to think he is going to add strength and muscle, that is why I am thinking he may be the white elephant type of centerfielder who hits for power and plays plus defense in center.
    Looking over CF guys today I'm not seeing a ton of guys that profile as good bat, just ok power, plus defense, plus plus speed.

His ceiling would be something pretty special. Kenny Lofton?

Turn Off Ads?