Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Name five guys still on the board... (Draft day 2 and 3 thread)

Re: Name five guys still on the board... (Draft day 2 and 3 thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    How about that Cooper Johnson pick? It'll be interesting to see who gets signed between Hanson, Moss, Conde, Flowers, Lott, Johnson and others.
    Can we nickname him Cooper "Harris" Johnson?

2. Likes:

Cannon (06-11-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

BTW, Mitchell Traver is pitching right now on ESPN against Texas A&M, but he may not be long for the game. Gave up 3 (two unearned) in the first but settled in for the next 4 innings. But he just gave up a solo HR and a single and is at 87 pitches in the 6th.

He gets another out but is pulled.

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersD1 2h2 hours ago
    .@TCU_Baseball RHP Mitchell Traver showing good velocity, sitting 93-94 w/ FB, 84-85 slider as well. Command in an out, A&M w/ three hits.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 06-11-2016 at 10:51 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Let's keep these kind of comments on the political forum..
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

The more I have read up, the more I really like Scott Moss. Basically this is a big (6'5), hard-throwing (91-94mph) lefty who had to have TJ in spring 2014 and they decided to take it slow and so he missed the 2015 season as well. I suppose it's easy to slap the injury-prone label on him, but TJ is just a basic fact of life. And having the extra time may have helped because he told Baseball America “My arm has never been healthier. Every pitch I was throwing was honestly better than my high school stuff." I think he has a lot of bullets in that arm now that he's fully-recovered from TJ, and we could end up being the beneficiaries instead of the Gators.

If the Reds can get him signed, I think he could be a real find, a first-round talent who they were able to land after already adding Senzel, Trammell, Okey, and Hanson.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-12-2016),OnBaseMachine (06-12-2016),REDREAD (06-12-2016),redsmetz (06-12-2016)

I like Moss for his upside, but he reminds me of Dan Langfield a bit.

9. Likes:

Benihana (06-12-2016)

Sounds like everyone in the top 10 rounds has signed except for Hanson, Moss and Hendrix, all of whom I'd expect to follow in short order.
    Go BLUE!!!

I hope they save enough money to bring Matt Crohan into the fold.

http://collegebaseballcentral.com/co...-crohan/12699/

Doubtful since he got his redshirt this year and he will still just be 21 when the draft happens in 2017. This could have been a top 60 guy this year if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds View Post
    I hope they save enough money to bring Matt Crohan into the fold.

http://collegebaseballcentral.com/co...-crohan/12699/

Doubtful since he got his redshirt this year and he will still just be 21 when the draft happens in 2017. This could have been a top 60 guy this year if healthy.
    From that article:

All of this was enough for Crohan to earn his place on Collegiate Team USA over the summer, where he held his own on the same field with the very best from the SEC, Pac-12, and all of the other power conferences in college baseball.
    Really nice upside pick, this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I like Moss for his upside, but he reminds me of Dan Langfield a bit.
    Langfield never had TJ though, did he? I think that was more serious shoulder surgery. I think he just has an arm that seems it just isn't made to hold up for pitching, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The more I have read up, the more I really like Scott Moss. Basically this is a big (6'5), hard-throwing (91-94mph) lefty who had to have TJ in spring 2014 and they decided to take it slow and so he missed the 2015 season as well. I suppose it's easy to slap the injury-prone label on him, but TJ is just a basic fact of life. And having the extra time may have helped because he told Baseball America “My arm has never been healthier. Every pitch I was throwing was honestly better than my high school stuff." I think he has a lot of bullets in that arm now that he's fully-recovered from TJ, and we could end up being the beneficiaries instead of the Gators.

If the Reds can get him signed, I think he could be a real find, a first-round talent who they were able to land after already adding Senzel, Trammell, Okey, and Hanson.
    Plus he probably doesn't have to go through TJ and sit out for a year or two in our system.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Turn Off Ads?