Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Discussion

Re: 2017 Draft Discussion

I bet the Reds draft no higher than 7th next year.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I bet the Reds draft no higher than 7th next year.
    Who other than ATL, MIN, MIL, and SD do you think finishes with a worse record?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Who other than ATL, MIN, MIL, and SD do you think finishes with a worse record?
    Depends on the health of the starter going forward.

Which will boost the 'pen's effectiveness (as will other arms coming back from injury).

And who gets dealt.

For example, if the Reds find a good deal for Bruce, Cingrani, Cozart, AND Straily, they'll likely be far worse than if those guys are kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Depends on the health of the starter going forward.

Which will boost the 'pen's effectiveness (as will other arms coming back from injury).

And who gets dealt.

For example, if the Reds find a good deal for Bruce, Cingrani, Cozart, AND Straily, they'll likely be far worse than if those guys are kept.
    I agree, my question was more wondering who he thinks will fall from above. Angels? A's?, Rays?, Phillies? Rockies? DBacks? Maybe we get hot enough to pass them on our own but it'll require some serious improvement out of both our starting staff and even more out pen.

I don't think we'll need much help passing the Phillies -- they're awful, and were benefiting from some pretty big luck and unsustainable pitching early in the season. It'll get even worse when Nola gets shut down (I'm assuming this happens) along with Velasquez and they trade Hellickson. The A's are likely not to need much help tanking either but they're likely to trade Gray as well.
    "If I wanted you to understand I would have explained it better."
    - Johan Cruyff, RIP

7. Likes:

Red Heeler (06-19-2016)

I think the Reds will be drafting in the top 5 next year, and hopefully can get the top prep bat in the draft.
    Go BLUE!!!

This team is going to lose some position players soon too. If Bruce and/or Cozart get traded, we are looking at Peraza and Winkler in the big leagues, there will be growing pains. If they lose any other position player to injury (likely) this team becomes unwatchable again. The current hot streak is predicated on three big sticks all hot at the same time.

They will pick in the top 5 next year.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    This team is going to lose some position players soon too. If Bruce and/or Cozart get traded, we are looking at Peraza and Winkler in the big leagues, there will be growing pains. If they lose any other position player to injury (likely) this team becomes unwatchable again. The current hot streak is predicated on three big sticks all hot at the same time.

They will pick in the top 5 next year.
    It does worry me that the Reds will trade Bruce, and Duvall will come back to Earth. I'd like to see this team get better as the year goes along, but I could see another death spiral.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Early watch list for 2017:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...OJKxwPL1CHY.97

Not subscriber content.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds View Post
    Early watch list for 2017:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...OJKxwPL1CHY.97

Not subscriber content.
    Five offensive players.

A couple SS and three OF.

Those are the two biggest needs in Cincinnati.

13. Likes:

Benihana (06-14-2016)

Can't draft Hunter Greene. He would clash. (this will be the first of many, I am sure. Just thought I'd get it out of the way.)
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

15. Likes:

camisadelgolf (06-21-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Can't draft Hunter Greene. He would clash. (this will be the first of many, I am sure. Just thought I'd get it out of the way.)
    It would be Christmas in June.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    It does worry me that the Reds will trade Bruce, and Duvall will come back to Earth. I'd like to see this team get better as the year goes along, but I could see another death spiral.
    Well, I will alter my no better than 7th pick if they trade Bruce and Cozart for prospects. Winker and Peraza aren't ready to contribute at that level yet. If they keep them I think they'll pass 6 of the Phils (big fall off coming), Atl, Min, Mil, SD, TB, LAA and As.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

one player I want the Reds to draft is one of my High School classmates son. His name is Caleb Bishop. He is a LHP and will be a high school senior next year. He is the ace pitcher for New Hanover High school and his legion team Post 10. He will be pitching in the North Carolina State Games this week for the second year in a row.

How are there no college position players in the watch list?

Turn Off Ads?