Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfredo Rodriguez

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The first thing they need to do is get AlfRod into the country. Where does that process stand?
    Assuming he's healthy, I'd imagine he's going to be in instructional league.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Assuming he's healthy, I'd imagine he's going to be in instructional league.
    The instructional league is in this country. Are there any hang ups getting a visa? I had the impression that that was the reason he was playing in the Dominican this year

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The instructional league is in this country. Are there any hang ups getting a visa? I had the impression that that was the reason he was playing in the Dominican this year
    That was the reason he started there. I highly, highly doubt its the reason he stayed there. The Astros got Gurriel a visa very quickly. The Reds could have done the same thing. They chose not to for whatever reason (it wouldn't surprise me if it were actually in the contract so he would be able to keep more of his money via taxes).

Does anyone know why Rodriguez didn't play in the last three games of the season?

6. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-10-2016)

Rest easy folks, Alfredo Rodriguez has come to America.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/202570...icid=151437456

Lot of interesting stuff about instructs in the article, give it a read.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

BillDoran (09-22-2016),REDREAD (09-22-2016)

Those guys at MLB.com are slow pokes. I had that one eight days ago - though without the quotes.

Full rosters for both the rookie and advanced Instructional League rosters - http://redsminorleagues.com/2016/09/...lay-instructs/

It is interesting that they brought Cristian Olivo over. He had about as bad a year with the bat as humanly possibly down in the DSL this summer. He struck out in exactly 50% of his plate appearances - 47 Ks in 94 PAs. His slash line was .101/.149/.180/.329. He played only 18.2 innings in the field. On second thought, it only makes sense that he is at Instructionals; he certainly needs some.

Olivo struggled through a shoulder injury throughout the season. Probably played into the strikeouts. Missed over a month, too.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (09-22-2016)

I realize that he was hurt. I guess I don't see the point in running a player out there that is injured, just to see him strike out half of the time. Is there a point?

14. Likes:

REDREAD (09-22-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I realize that he was hurt. I guess I don't see the point in running a player out there that is injured, just to see him strike out half of the time. Is there a point?
    Seeing pitches isn't valueless.

But, I also doubt they sent him out there while he was at risk of harming his shoulder - at least any more than normal.

Noticed no Tyler Stephenson. Does injury prohibit participation?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Noticed no Tyler Stephenson. Does injury prohibit participation?
    Yes. He had wrist surgery in August.

18. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (09-23-2016)

So, does Alf being lumped in with the more advanced group tell us anything about his timeline? I've read a few different posters on here saying he's 4 years away. I have a hard time thinking the Reds will wait that long. Seems like everybody in the group he's in will either have long faded away or hit the big leagues before 4 years is up.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    So, does Alf being lumped in with the more advanced group tell us anything about his timeline? I've read a few different posters on here saying he's 4 years away. I have a hard time thinking the Reds will wait that long. Seems like everybody in the group he's in will either have long faded away or hit the big leagues before 4 years is up.
    It tells us that they want him to be beyond the rookie guys. I don't think it tells us anything beyond that, though.

I doubt he's the worst hitter on that squad, which would have to go to Mitch Trees, but he's probably the 2nd worst hitter on that squad if history tells us anything. I'd love to be very wrong about him.

Mitch Trees is a saint!

22. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (10-03-2016)

Turn Off Ads?