Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfredo Rodriguez

Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

It's ironic that a guy named Mitch Trees couldn't adjust to wooden bats.

2. Likes:

mace (09-23-2016),nmculbreth (09-23-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It's ironic that a guy named Mitch Trees couldn't adjust to wooden bats.
    It's not the bats that are the problem. It was the 104 strikeouts in 270 plate appearances that are the larger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's not the bats that are the problem. It was the 104 strikeouts in 270 plate appearances that are the larger issue.
    Yeah, but where's the pun in that?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

6. Likes:

camisadelgolf (09-23-2016),cooperlamar (09-24-2016),nmculbreth (09-23-2016),OGB (09-26-2016),ScotlandRed (09-24-2016),texasdave (09-23-2016),thatcoolguy_22 (10-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    In the immortal words of Biff, he should "make like a tree and leave"

8. Likes:

dougdirt (09-23-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Biff is: "Make like a tree and get out of here!"

10. Likes:

camisadelgolf (09-23-2016),dougdirt (09-23-2016),OGB (09-26-2016),Old school 1983 (09-24-2016),Raisor (09-23-2016),RiverRat13 (09-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    You're about as funny as a screen door on a battle ship.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Not leafing that pun about Mitch Trees alone was the root of his problem. Sometimes you have to prune back on some of the stuff you feel an urge to post.

This post is exhibit A.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

camisadelgolf (09-26-2016),marcshoe (09-24-2016),WrongVerb (09-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Not leafing that pun about Mitch Trees alone was the root of his problem. Sometimes you have to prune back on some of the stuff you feel an urge to post.

This post is exhibit A.
    You must really be board. And you're barking up the wrong tree. IMO, marchshoe nailed it.

15. Likes:

mth123 (09-24-2016),WrongVerb (09-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    You must really be board. And you're barking up the wrong tree. IMO, marchshoe nailed it.
    I think it's time we branch out into another topic.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

texasdave (09-24-2016)

Guys, can we stick to the original topic?

19. Likes:

mth123 (09-24-2016)

I'm pining for you guys to stop

OK lets recap.

-The Reds gave a stupid amount of money that many have praised as a new preferred direction for the organization even though the most informed of us (that would be you Doug) say the kid can't hit a lick.
    - Others have said it doesn't matter because his glove is supposed to be special.
    - The existence of a couple of near ready MI coupled with the noted offensive woes of the signee would point to the kid kicking around the minors for quite a while with the near ready kids playing every day in the big leagues.
    - OTOH the team doesn't really have a track record of giving such big money to such a long term project, so if his defense is supposed to be so special that it justifies everything, and that defense is ready right now, it has me wondering if the plan is to fast track him to the big leagues in spite of his under-developed bat. After all, the sooner he's there, the sooner the Reds start to take advantage of that defense and start getting a return on the stupid money they gave him.
    - Still he played (and struggled to hit) in a league that was as far away from the big leagues as possible while still drawing a paycheck, so that would indicate that the "He's a project who is four years away crowd" may be right.
    - There is a possibility that where he was playing and how he performed mean nothing. The kid was just knocking off some rust in an atmosphere that may be a little more like where he came from and just getting on the field and playing was all that mattered.
    - Now he finally comes to the US and the instructional league and is grouped with the advanced guys who would seem to be as a group much closer to the team making a decision on than four years.

So we're left with a bunch of mixed messages about this kid's timeline. I'm in the camp that thinks he'll be up sooner than later because when Cozart goes, they will want his glove, that they paid so much for, there. I know I'm in the minority. Until we have more data, all I've got is a bunch of bad puns, but hopefully this recap will elicit some comments that will shed more light on things and get the thread back on topic.

You are the one who brought up Mitch Trees BTW. So it's your fault.

Now I get it!!!
    Last edited by mth123; 09-24-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: I'm obtuse

22. Likes:

Redeyecat (09-28-2016)

Let me try this again.

24. Likes:

mth123 (09-24-2016)

Let me try this again.

Doug wins this thread.

26. Likes:

marcshoe (09-24-2016),WrongVerb (09-25-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Doug wins this thread.
    No, but you did lose it.

(on SNAP!)

Turn Off Ads?