Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfredo Rodriguez

Re: Alfredo Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    No, but you did lose it.

(on SNAP!)
    I guess I'll compound my losses. What is SNAP? Is that an acronym for something? I'm thinking Silly Nonsensical Asinine Puns. Yeah, I lost.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I guess I'll compound my losses. What is SNAP? Is that an acronym for something? I'm thinking Silly Nonsensical Asinine Puns. Yeah, I lost.
    Biz Markee weeps

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Biz Markee weeps
    Biz Mackey is in the Baseball Hall of Fame. No idea who that other guy is.

Biz Markie BTW. Who lost now?
    Last edited by mth123; 09-24-2016 at 07:09 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Biz Mackey is in the Baseball Hall of Fame. No idea who that other guy is.

Biz Markie BTW. Who lost now?
    Don't worry about it; he's just a friend.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

6. Likes:

dougdirt (09-24-2016),Hoosier Red (09-27-2016),klw (09-29-2016),NC Reds (09-27-2016),paintmered (09-24-2016),Raisor (09-24-2016)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

mth can't see the forest for the trees apparently
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

mth123 (09-25-2016)

Here in Saint Joseph, Missouri, home of the famed Pony Express and outlaw Jesse James, we have a parkway that wends from one end of town to the other. It twists and meanders as though it were laid out by a drunken surveyor who fell down every few feet and reset his theodolite with a new azimuth each time. Yes, the parkway gets you across town but it is the scenic route. It is the route drivers take to test their curve taking skills. It takes time but it does get you where you are going eventually - if you get lost on a side street, most turn back to the parkway. It is a closed system.

Reading RedsZone is a lot like driving that parkway - if you're looking to go straight on point it will drive you crazy. On the other hand, you miss half the fun of exploring the side streets and lookout points along the way. And lots and lots of Trees.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-29-2016),mace (09-25-2016),marcshoe (09-27-2016),mth123 (09-25-2016),RedsfaninMT (09-27-2016),WrongVerb (09-25-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Here in Saint Joseph, Missouri, home of the famed Pony Express and outlaw Jesse James, we have a parkway that wends from one end of town to the other. It twists and meanders as though it were laid out by a drunken surveyor who fell down every few feet and reset his theodolite with a new azimuth each time. Yes, the parkway gets you across town but it is the scenic route. It is the route drivers take to test their curve taking skills. It takes time but it does get you where you are going eventually - if you get lost on a side street, most turn back to the parkway. It is a closed system.

Reading RedsZone is a lot like driving that parkway - if you're looking to go straight on point it will drive you crazy. On the other hand, you miss half the fun of exploring the side streets and lookout points along the way. And lots and lots of Trees.

I've been working in St Joe for four months now.

You know what we call those kind of roads here in West Virginia? We call them straight stretches.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I live in Amarillo Texas.

What's a "tree"?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I live in Amarillo Texas.

What's a "tree"?
    Think of a telephone pole with a bunch of kites stuck on top. I would say green kites, but I'm not sure they have that color in west Texas.

15. Likes:

TRF (09-29-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Think of a telephone pole with a bunch of kites stuck on top. I would say green kites, but I'm not sure they have that color in west Texas.
    Amarillo, Texas. There's your first clue.

17. Likes:

marcshoe (09-27-2016),TRF (09-29-2016)

I lived in Lubbock for a while when I was 18. Yellow would have been a nice change of pace. That implies that something was growing, a flower maybe.

19. Likes:

texasdave (09-27-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I lived in Lubbock for a while when I was 18. Yellow would have been a nice change of pace. That implies that something was growing, a flower maybe.
    Lubbock is a toilet. Makes Amarillo look like a paradise.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

This thread really got off track in 2016, but since I selected him as the Minor League Player of the Day, I wanted to bump this thread back up.

10 games and 34 PA is way too early to make any conclusions about a guy, but it certainly doesn't hurt that the bonus baby has hit a little to start this year. An 8.8% BB rate and 14.7% K rate will do, and could allow for a near .350 OBP like he is rocking today (.353). Not too bad for a guy who is in Chattanooga now even after struggling to hit at every stop prior.

A little more power certainly would not hurt (only .032 ISO right now), but he had a .117 ISO in his largest sample size of last yer (122 PA in Daytona).

If he really could play a major league shortstop tomorrow, as many have said, a guy who gets on base a little bit and runs a little bit won't hurt the Reds too much in the 8 hole if he ever does start in Cincy.

If ever Jesse Winker starts in CF and AlfRod is at SS in the same lineup I will truly know we are in end times.

23. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-19-2019),M2 (04-19-2019)

Turn Off Ads?