Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ads make the site freeze up

Re: ads make the site freeze up

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Is anyone else getting this message on desktop or mobile? Before I really start digging into it, I want to be positive it's coming from the site (or one of the ad networks the site uses).
    Yes, I occasionally get the same message.

The ads that were on the screen the last time I got it were for PopJulia, The Ellis School, and Trivago.

Edit: it happened again. This time the ads on the screen were Reebok, The Ellis School, and Trivago.

Edit #2: This time, the ads were for Modernize Windows, Trivago, and Dubois County, Indiana.

Edit #3: This time, it was Reebok and Trivago.

I'm starting to notice a trend.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 08-10-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-21-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This issue continues to happen for me. Sorry Klu, don't take this the wrong way.. but glad its not just me.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Is anyone else getting this message on desktop or mobile? Before I really start digging into it, I want to be positive it's coming from the site (or one of the ad networks the site uses).
    I've never seen that on my tablet or my laptop.

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-24-2017)

I just got a message on my desktop at work that Chrome blocked a flash plugin from running. I also had a script try to load that chrome blocked - it said it was unsafe. The page froze. Chrome gave me a message to wait or kill it. I killed it and reloaded, no message this time.

So now I'm getting issues with flash from both desktop and mobile - but chrome on my desktop is blocking things from running.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?