Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 Years ago today (8/29) ... Beatles End Touring

Re: 50 Years ago today (8/29) ... Beatles End Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Joe Walsh was on Conan last night.
    Did Joe know it?

I've always been a huge fan of Walsh since he was with James Gang.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

Chip R (10-13-2016),marcshoe (10-08-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I watched it on Hulu the other night and really enjoyed it. I'll be giving it another watch at some point.

On a different note..... I watched a documentary on Netflix last night, a two-part (2 Hrs) "History Of The Eagles". It was released in 2013. Man was it ever good! Well worth the watch if you're a fan. Glenn Frey is sorely missed.
    The history of the Eagles was fantastic, not a fan but that doc made me realize how many great songs they have. Haven't seen the new Beatles doc but will catch it soon hopefully.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

5. Likes:

Chip R (10-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Did Joe know it?

I've always been a huge fan of Walsh since he was with James Gang.
    I remember an interview with Joe where he and Ozzy were talking about a poster they saw that said they toured together and neither could remember it.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

7. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (10-10-2016),Chip R (10-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I remember an interview with Joe where he and Ozzy were talking about a poster they saw that said they toured together and neither could remember it.
    I was at a concert backstage at Memorial Hall in Dayton for one of those Black Sabbath/James Gang concerts.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Joe was terrific on Conan. Played Rocky Mountain Way, told a funny story about writing it. Talked about a number of other things, including a project he worked on for a documentary on National Guardsmen in the war. He was very passionate about how little you hear about those men and women in the current election news.

Love Joe Walsh. The Eagles never would have held my interest too long without the edge he brought them.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Turn Off Ads?