Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8/31/16 @7:05 ET Reds @ Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim California Angels

Re: 8/31/16 @7:05 ET Reds @ Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim California Angel

Strikeout #8 to start the 6th for Finnegan.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/31/16 @7:05 ET Reds @ Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim California Angel

Damn. Simmons double, Calhoun flyout, and Cron single give LAA a 1-0 lead.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    Keep in mind I'm only in the first inning but Kelch made me laugh which has never happened....Chris.."where was he going"....Kelch.."right now he's heading back to the dugout"

This season has made me delirious
    Yea, that Jim Kelch is a barrel of fun.

Marte double down the RF line and into the sun, well struck but might have been poor D by Schebler. Marte thrown out at third to end the inning.

2-0 Angels after 6.

Billy didn't look good at the plate yesterday...

Except for that excellent 10 pitch innings where he drew a walk. That looked pretty good.

Seven scoreless for Nolasco, he's going to throw a damn complete game shutout :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Seven scoreless for Nolasco, he's going to throw a damn complete game shutout :/
    *cough* *cough* Jordon Adell *cough* *cough* *cough*

Yeah... damn that Nolasco and beating the Reds in this meaningless game.

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-31-2016)

There's little doubt that Finnegan will be in the rotation next year. It's not like Stephenson or Garrett are knocking down the door in Louisville.

Assuming health (and Iggy sticking in the bullpen), it will be Disco/Homer/Strailey/Finnegan/Reed in the rotation to start 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    *cough* *cough* Jordon Adell *cough* *cough* *cough*

Yeah... damn that Nolasco and beating the Reds in this meaningless game.
    No, you're right, I'm all-in on the rebuild, but I just want SOME pride. Flailing away at Ricky Nolasco's slop is just pitiful.

Strikeout #9 for Finnegan in a scoreless 7th.

Andrelton Simmons can pick it.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    There's little doubt that Finnegan will be in the rotation next year. It's not like Stephenson or Garrett are knocking down the door in Louisville.

Assuming health (and Iggy sticking in the bullpen), it will be Disco/Homer/Strailey/Finnegan/Reed in the rotation to start 2017.
    I'll take the side that Stephenson gets the spot over Reed.

Iglesias on to pitch.

Finnegan out, Iglesias in to pitch the 8th.

Finnegan's line: 7 innings, 5 hits, 0 walks, 9 strikeouts, 2 earned runs

15. Likes:

CrackerJack (08-31-2016),cumberlandreds (09-01-2016),RiverRat13 (08-31-2016)

CJ Cron RBI single with two outs, Iglesias doesn't have his good stuff today. 3-0 Angels.

Has any Reds batter even seen a pitch yet? I know the sun was tough the first 5-6 innings but these are some of the craziest swings I have witnessed.

Finnegan benefitted from it too but he was still excellent.

18. Likes:

Sea Ray (08-31-2016)

Ricky Nolasco has averaged 18 pitches an inning over his last 4 starts.

Tonight he averaged 10.3 pitches an inning

20. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (08-31-2016)

Turn Off Ads?