Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8/31/16 @7:05 ET Reds @ Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim California Angels

Re: 8/31/16 @7:05 ET Reds @ Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim California Angel

Ricky Nolasco with a complete game shutout under 100 pitches. Barf.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8/31/16 @7:05 ET Reds @ Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim California Angel

Good Lord get out of L.A. geesh

2 hr and 10 min game

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jeez, Nolasco making the Reds batters look like morons up there.
    On top of last night, this team looks like they're running for the bus. They looked horrible at the plate. They were swinging at wild pitches like little leaguers. If they don't care then I'd like to see guys like Winker and Herrera in the lineup. I bet they'd care

What an awful game

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

This organization is a complete dumpster fire when it goes to Los Angeles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Makes you wonder sometimes if they treat trips to LA like a vacation.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

They went up there swinging like they were late to a party.

On pace for 68-94.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I've always been a fan of Finnegan, he's a true competitor.
    I was afraid he may have hit the wall towards the end of July. I'm thrilled he's proved me wrong.
    I love the guy and believe he's earned a shot at the starting rotation next year.
    Just hope they don't overwork him the rest of this season.

That's a pretty poor roadtrip for the Reds whatever way you slice it. They are where they are for a reason, but that wasn't really good enough from the offense.

You just get the feeling the Reds had no interest in this road trip at all. This happens to poor teams just grinding out the schedule.

I am afraid I am going to have to admit to being wrong for one of the few times in my life. Finnegan looks like a starter. I thought he would be a bullpen guy but no I was wrong. I will try not to be wrong again.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I've always been a fan of Finnegan, he's a true competitor.
    I was afraid he may have hit the wall towards the end of July. I'm thrilled he's proved me wrong.
    I love the guy and believe he's earned a shot at the starting rotation next year.
    Just hope they don't overwork him the rest of this season.
    He said in the post game that he was going through a dead arm period in July but he feels great now. Admits that they'll shut him down at some point but hasn't been told what that point is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Ricky Nolasco with a complete game shutout under 100 pitches. Barf.
    It reminded me of the time Ramon Ortiz shutout the Pirates with a similar amount of pitches.

Sometimes if you throw the ball over the plate against a meh line-up, they simply don't hit it for 9 innings. Arroyo with his array of slop used to go through similar types of stretches.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    It reminded me of the time Ramon Ortiz shutout the Pirates with a similar amount of pitches.

Sometimes if you throw the ball over the plate against a meh line-up, they simply don't hit it for 9 innings. Arroyo with his array of slop used to go through similar types of stretches.
    I remember Josh Fogg once doing that too (not with the Reds of course, he got obliterated every time out).

Found it: two hits, one walk, one strikeout, complete game shutout on 91 pitches facing the minimum 27 batters.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...00606300.shtml
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?