Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/13/16 - Reds vs. Brewers

Re: 9/13/16 - Reds vs. Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cingrani is pretty lousy. Really had hopes for him.
    I really hope they're planning on using Iglesias and/or Lorenzen as the closer or co-closers (ala Graves and Williamson circa 99-00) next year, if in fact they are both in the bullpen which is no guarantee. If one does go back to the rotation, the other should be the favorite as the closer.

I like Tony, but he's not a guy you feel confident bout going into the 9th inning.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds are now 10-10 on Bow Tie Tuesday!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

Rantly (09-13-2016)

Anyone know the last time Reds won 5 straight before tonight?
    I think it was during the 2014 season!

On pace for 40-33 this 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Guys, sorry if this has been covered, but what is the deal with Scott Schebler's mouth guard? Isn't that very rare in baseball?

Also, I like Schebler a lot.
    I don't know what flimsy thing is. Doesn't seem strong enough to guard anything. Looks like a bleaching tray to me

What do you all think about the strike zone in the 9th yesterday? As I read the Brewer hitters' body language, it was a "run for the bar" strike zone. Cingrani was getting crazy strikes called. One hitter (rather than complain) just looked at his dugout and smiled. Since Reds telecasts rarely give us computerized strike zones, I don't know for sure where those pitches are. Anyone know why our telecasts are so far behind the curve in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What do you all think about the strike zone in the 9th yesterday? As I read the Brewer hitters' body language, it was a "run for the bar" strike zone. Cingrani was getting crazy strikes called. One hitter (rather than complain) just looked at his dugout and smiled. Since Reds telecasts rarely give us computerized strike zones, I don't know for sure where those pitches are. Anyone know why our telecasts are so far behind the curve in this regard?
    Cingrani threw 6 straight balls to start the inning...catcher visit, then ump fave him strike 1 and strike 2 and the rest is history.

Reds were fortunate a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Cingrani threw 6 straight balls to start the inning...catcher visit, then ump fave him strike 1 and strike 2 and the rest is history.

Reds were fortunate a bit.
    Yes, if the ump chose to make him earn his strikes, the inning could have gone 45 mins and possibly even gone into extras. It was like no one wanted that. It reminded me of some little league games where the pitcher just can't throw strikes so you give him anything that's close.

Turn Off Ads?