Suarez 3B
    Selsky RF
    Barnhart C
    DeSclafani P

First inning:

Peraza - hit
    Schebler - on via error
    Joey - line out into triple play
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9.22.2016 Reds @ Beer makers

That's what it takes to get a game thread started these days, huh?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    That's what it takes to get a game thread started these days, huh?
    I guess. Broke my cherry. Never started one until tonight.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I saw on my phone it was two on and no out with Votton up so I turned on MLB TV and it said commercial. My phone still said Votto was up, and thought "Don't tell me it was a triple play".
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I saw on my phone it was two on and no out with Votton up so I turned on MLB TV and it said commercial. My phone still said Votto was up, and thought "Don't tell me it was a triple play".
    It was an honest one, if there can be such a thing. Price had the runners start on the 3-2 pitch. Joey lined it hard to the first baseman. Two feet either way and the Reds are leading 2-0.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-23-2016)

Joey crushed it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-23-2016)

Joey should have bunted
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Tell George Grande that it's illegal for a player to run electricity through his bat. It also hurts.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-23-2016)

Geno started September hot but has gone into the tank the last 2 weeks.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

What's the knock on Peraza's defense? As I'm typing, Chris answers the question.

I'm going to have to mute the TV so I can study; I have class tomorrow. Nothing personal Chris, George.

So George only knows Lew Burdette, Warren Spahn, and Johnny Logan from the Milwaukee Braves? Oh, and people like Hank Aaron.

The Flea!

18. Likes:

mth123 (09-24-2016),WrongVerb (09-23-2016)

5 HRs on the year, 3 in the big leagues, for Peraza. That number was 4 in 2015, 2 in 2014, and 1 in 2013.

Almost like a young hitter can improve power output with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    5 HRs on the year, 3 in the big leagues, for Peraza. That number was 4 in 2015, 2 in 2014, and 1 in 2013.

Almost like a young hitter can improve power output with age.
    He's not slightly built like BHam. I really think he'll put up numbers like Martin Prado has had through his career.

21. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-23-2016)

Turn Off Ads?