Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9.22.2016 Reds @ Beer makers

Re: 9.22.2016 Reds @ Beer makers

Nice acting job trying to get an obstruction call, Braun.

What a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Someone ask George what a Cicahhda is.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Bases loaded, nobody out. Cingrani coming in.

What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Bases loaded, nobody out. Cingrani coming in.

What could go wrong?
    Depends on what your goal is. If it's to get as high a draft pick as possible, nothing.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-23-2016)

LOL

Four pitches nowhere even close to the zone. Tony is terrible.

8. Likes:

lnn6574 (09-23-2016)

Feel bad for Cingrani...but man it's the same thing every time. Think he would benefit from a change of scenery.

Boy, some solid managing by Price here.

Yes I know the options suck, but Disco clearly was done and Price let him walk another batter and then brought in probably the WORST guy to use in a bases loaded situation.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

lnn6574 (09-23-2016),WVRedsFan (09-23-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Boy, some solid managing by Price here.

Yes I know the options suck, but Disco clearly was done and Price let him walk another batter and then brought in probably the WORST guy to use in a bases loaded situation.
    Price has the worst judgment I've ever seen...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I will admit I'm coming around just a little bit on Jumbo. I'd never trust him as a late-inning reliever on a good team, but he's pitched pretty well since the All-Star break in middle relief after a hideous first half.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Leadoff double for Geno in the 9th and he comes around to score on a flyout and groundout. Looking at his 2016 numbers, there are some positives. Power is good, walks are solid. We saw the defense improve leaps and bounds. Just gotta do something about that excessive strikeout total, put more balls in play.

Another day, another loss.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Irribarren strikes out and the Reds are still bad, losing 5-4.

8 losses in the last 9 games. Braves won again tonight. Just sayin.

I see what you are implying, but how long will the fanbase be content with getting high draft picks while losing 90-100 games? Not long. In fact, seeing the crowds at GABP,it looks like the loser mentality has already set in. I remember the days between 2000-2011 when you could walk up ten minutes before game time and get primo seats for $10. And there was no one there. Progress? From 2014, the record has been 76-86, 64-98, and so far 63-90. Probably 2016 will have a record of 65-97. Rebuilding is fine, but burn the house down should never have been an option, but it appears it has gone that way. Prospects are just that. In sales you learn there are suspects, prospects, and clients. My fear is the Reds have lots of suspects, few prospects, and a fanbase that won't wait long for a winner.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

18. Likes:

CincyDave (09-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I see what you are implying, but how long will the fanbase be content with getting high draft picks while losing 90-100 games? Not long. In fact, seeing the crowds at GABP,it looks like the loser mentality has already set in. I remember the days between 2000-2011 when you could walk up ten minutes before game time and get primo seats for $10. And there was no one there. Progress? From 2014, the record has been 76-86, 64-98, and so far 63-90. Probably 2016 will have a record of 65-97. Rebuilding is fine, but burn the house down should never have been an option, but it appears it has gone that way. Prospects are just that. In sales you learn there are suspects, prospects, and clients. My fear is the Reds have lots of suspects, few prospects, and a fanbase that won't wait long for a winner.
    This should be the last season of really a high draft pick, might as well make it count.

I don't want the Reds to suck in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Were you around for "rebuild on the fly" that never actually rebuilt anything? Burn it down now, as long as a solid foundation is installed for the structure that replaces what was burned. I'm for that, and honestly it appears the club is headed in that direction. I'm among those who think competing for the WC next year is a possibility with the talent being accumulated. It just needs time to flourish.

Turn Off Ads?