Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 10/2/16 - Reds vs. Baby Bears

Re: 10/2/16 - Reds vs. Baby Bears

Second half:

37-36

2. Turn Off Ads?

Securing the 2nd overall pick in next year's draft was more important to me than closing out this year with a win. I do; however, pledge my undying loyalty to the first team that effectively ends the Cubs postseason.

The 9th inning of this game was a complete microcosm of the Reds 2016 season. Raisel was one strike away from the save. A veteran catcher doesn't have him in a situation to miss high on a 3-2 count.

I do wonder though... is Inglesias the first Reds pitcher in history to throw the first pitch & the very last pitch of the same season??

4. Likes:

SirFelixCat (10-03-2016)

Thus end three crap seasons in a row. That's 1000 days of horribleness. Thanks for absolutely nothing, Reds.
    Get back to me when you're not embarrassing.

6. Likes:

Big Klu (10-03-2016),Wonderful Monds (10-03-2016)

Another season has come and gone. Another mark in time. This was a bad season all the way around. I had a lot to get through myself. As some of you know my wife had a very serious heart attack in mid April. It was pretty bad for a few days but she got through it and is doing very well now. That just brought to home more how every day is precious and should be enjoyable as much as possible. You never know when that may be taken away from you. That's the reason I want the Reds to win every time they play. It will give me some happiness for that day. Because you just never know when it will be the last game you will ever see. Lets hope the Reds will be better in 2017 and maybe be more competitive next season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

CincyDave (10-03-2016),Revering4Blue (10-04-2016),Sea Ray (10-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Another season has come and gone. Another mark in time. This was a bad season all the way around. I had a lot to get through myself. As some of you know my wife had a very serious heart attack in mid April. It was pretty bad for a few days but she got through it and is doing very well now. That just brought to home more how every day is precious and should be enjoyable as much as possible. You never know when that may be taken away from you. That's the reason I want the Reds to win every time they play. It will give me some happiness for that day. Because you just never know when it will be the last game you will ever see. Lets hope the Reds will be better in 2017 and maybe be more competitive next season.
    I am sorry about your wife and hope she continues to heal.

With that said, I cannot agree this was a bad season all the way around. Votto played like an MVP candidate. Some of the young players made major strides. Iglesias looks like a dominant closer. Peraza can hit. Schebs made some good strides, Suarez is looking like a really solid 3B candidate. The Reds drafted Nick Senzel, who looks friggin awesome. Straily was a nice surprise. Disco is turning into a rock solid starting pitcher. Barnhart looks like a nice little player. Lorenzen looks like a solid reliever.

The 2nd half of the season the Reds were above .500. This is a young team that made positive strides.

You constantly talk about not living long enough to see a winner, and I get that, but to quote Arnold: "Relax. You'll live longer."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I am sorry about your wife and hope she continues to heal.

With that said, I cannot agree this was a bad season all the way around. Votto played like an MVP candidate. Some of the young players made major strides. Iglesias looks like a dominant closer. Peraza can hit. Schebs made some good strides, Suarez is looking like a really solid 3B candidate. The Reds drafted Nick Senzel, who looks friggin awesome. Straily was a nice surprise. Disco is turning into a rock solid starting pitcher. Barnhart looks like a nice little player. Lorenzen looks like a solid reliever.

The 2nd half of the season the Reds were above .500. This is a young team that made positive strides.

You constantly talk about not living long enough to see a winner, and I get that, but to quote Arnold: "Relax. You'll live longer."
    Sure every bad team has individuals who have good to great seasons. But as a team they were bad and for me that zap the enjoyment of individual accomplishments.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?