Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Cure For Cancer

Re: A Cure For Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Yes my chances are very good.
    I am actually doing chemo as I type and its ok so far but a few rocky spots
    Sending prayers your way, George.

Are you being treated in Indy?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Sending prayers your way, George.

Are you being treated in Indy?
    Ty Cy

Yes at St Francis South. Very impressed so far.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Yes my chances are very good.
    I am actually doing chemo as I type and its ok so far but a few rocky spots
    Get after it brother. You can do it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Get after it brother. You can do it.
    Thanks, actually the whole thing is going amazingly well. The only real after effect from chemo was I felt very tired like I hadnt slept in days but I didnt want to sleep. The jury is still out if I will lose my hair or not but if I do its no big deal. All this stuff should be over by the end of April so the beginning of the next baseball season will have a new special meaning for me.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

6. Likes:

bounty37h (11-11-2016),cumberlandreds (11-14-2016),Dom Heffner (02-06-2017),Fil3232 (11-21-2016),goreds2 (11-22-2016),RFS62 (11-12-2016),Screwball (02-06-2017),Sea Ray (11-12-2016),wolfboy (06-06-2017)

Hang tough, George. You're ten feet tall and bazooka proof!
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

8. Likes:

George Anderson (11-13-2016),Revering4Blue (06-12-2017),Sea Ray (11-14-2016)

Thanks, actually the whole thing is going amazingly well. The only real after effect from chemo was I felt very tired like I hadnt slept in days but I didnt want to sleep. The jury is still out if I will lose my hair or not but if I do its no big deal. All this stuff should be over by the end of April so the beginning of the next baseball season will have a new special meaning for me.
    How are things going George?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    How are things going George?
    Things are going great and thanks for asking. After 2 chemo treatments I had 80% of the cancer out of me. I just finished up my 4th round and other than having flu like symptoms, chemo and the whole cancer journey has been a good one. I have 2 more chemos scheduled and it is possible I may have to do a stem cell transplant, but the doctor is very pleased with my progress so far.

Cancer treatments have really come a long way. Medical advancements have improved to a point that the cancer I have now was not very treatable and my prognosis was bleak just 10 years ago. While my cancer is not curable, the last 10 years medical advancements have made this cancer very treatable and hopefully a good long life span.

11. Likes:

bounty37h (02-09-2017),cumberlandreds (02-09-2017),dougdirt (02-10-2017),goreds2 (02-04-2018),Number_Fourteen (06-06-2018),ochoa30 (06-05-2017),Revering4Blue (06-12-2017),RFS62 (02-09-2017),Sea Ray (02-10-2017),SunDeck (02-19-2017),TRF (02-13-2017)

Things are going great and thanks for asking. After 2 chemo treatments I had 80% of the cancer out of me. I just finished up my 4th round and other than having flu like symptoms, chemo and the whole cancer journey has been a good one. I have 2 more chemos scheduled and it is possible I may have to do a stem cell transplant, but the doctor is very pleased with my progress so far.

Cancer treatments have really come a long way. Medical advancements have improved to a point that the cancer I have now was not very treatable and my prognosis was bleak just 10 years ago. While my cancer is not curable, the last 10 years medical advancements have made this cancer very treatable and hopefully a good long life span.
    George, are you done with chemo treatments? Have you been able to get back to umpiring this summer? Just wonderin' how you're doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    George, are you done with chemo treatments? Have you been able to get back to umpiring this summer? Just wonderin' how you're doing...
    I am officially in remission as of a month ago and doing well. My next step is to either a bone marrow transplant which will supposedly prolong my life but it will also suck or just do maintenance chemo.

Yes I did start back umpiring on a kinda part time basis. It was a bit of a struggle because I was not totally recovered from chemo but it was really good for me because it kept me busy along with alot of exercise.

Thanks for asking.

14. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-21-2017),BillDoran (06-09-2017),cumberlandreds (06-09-2017),JaxRed (08-12-2018),marcshoe (06-09-2017),Revering4Blue (06-12-2017),Sea Ray (06-20-2017)

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I am officially in remission as of a month ago and doing well. My next step is to either a bone marrow transplant which will supposedly prolong my life but it will also suck or just do maintenance chemo.

Yes I did start back umpiring on a kinda part time basis. It was a bit of a struggle because I was not totally recovered from chemo but it was really good for me because it kept me busy along with alot of exercise.

Thanks for asking.
    Cancer got my dad 4 years ago today. He was in impeccable health and should have had a good 15 more years.

I am glad to hear your fight is going well.

GL

16. Likes:

George Anderson (06-09-2017),Revering4Blue (06-12-2017)

More encouraging news:

Injecting minute amounts of two immune-stimulating agents directly into solid tumors in mice can eliminate all traces of cancer in the animals, including distant, untreated metastases, according to a study by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...mors-mice.html

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-01-2018),goreds2 (02-04-2018),marcshoe (02-03-2018),oneupper (02-04-2018),Revering4Blue (02-06-2018)

The Cincinnati Enquirer has a recent article on its website with an update on the trials of this drug being developed by Bexion:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ati/879696002/

I must say the article is more fluff than substance but it is the latest. I wish I could say that it's miraculously cured all kinds of patients but they're not there yet. Hopefully this can lead to something in a couple decades. I think we have to be patient with this sort of thing

20. Likes:

Chip R (08-09-2018)

Anti-cancer drug derived from fungus shows promise in clinical trials

A new industry-academic partnership between the University of Oxford and biopharmaceutical company NuCana as found that chemotherapy drug NUC-7738, derived from a Himalayan fungus, has 40 times greater potency for killing cancer cells than its parent compound.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...-clinical.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

22. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-09-2021)

New Cancer Therapy Completely Destroys Advanced Ovarian and Colorectal Tumors in 6 Days

A new cancer therapy has completely destroyed advanced ovarian and bowel tumors in just six days.

Clinical trials are expected to begin in the next few months, after results on mice were described as “very exciting”.

Pinhead-sized drug ‘factories’ were delivered to give continuous, high bursts of a protein that boosts the immune system.

“We just administer once, but they keep taking the dose every day, where it’s needed until the cancer is eliminated,” said co-author Dr. Omid Veiseh, of Rice University in Houston, Texas, whose family friend died of the deadly disease.

“Once we determined the correct dose—how many factories we needed—we were able to eradicate tumors in 100% of animals with ovarian cancer and in seven of eight animals with colorectal cancer.”

The tiny beads have a protective shell containing cells engineered to produce interleukin-2. They could be used to fight the most lethal cancers, including those of the pancreas, liver and lungs.
    https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/canc...ors-in-6-days/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

24. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-08-2022),CySeymour (03-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    New Cancer Therapy Completely Destroys Advanced Ovarian and Colorectal Tumors in 6 Days

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/canc...ors-in-6-days/
    I have a buddy who'd greatly benefit from this. He's going through 6 mos of chemo and it sucks

Turn Off Ads?