Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Season

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2017 Bengals Off-season

Highly doubt Jonathan Allen is there at 9. Or even Solomon Thomas. In that case, I'd go...

Malik Hooker (not a huge need, as mentioned before, but dude's a gamer)
    Reuben Foster
    Corey Davis
    Mike Williams
    Derek Barnett

Depending on the CB situation, I'd also strongly consider Tabor and his Florida teammate, Wilson. I really like Tim Williams from Alabama, but I think he's better suited as a 3-4 OLB than as a full-time 4-3 DE. Curious to see where his weight is at the combine. Jordan Willis and Tanoh Kpassagnon are two pass rushers I'd look at in the 3rd.

New mock draft:

1. Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
    2. Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
    3. Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
    4. Marlon Mack, RB, USF (seriously, look at this guy's tape...I wouldn't mind drafting him in the 2nd)
    4. Malachi Dupree, WR, LSU
    5. Isaac Asiata, G, Utah
    5. Noah Brown, WR, Ohio State (or possibly Amba Etta-Tawo - that guy's got some hands)
    6. Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA
    6. Dwayne Thomas, CB, LSU
    7. Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (I've actually heard he might go a lot earlier)
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Well, a smart team would resign Burkhead and draft more important things. If he can stay healthy he's going to be a productive back for somebody.
    I don't think Burkhead is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    By the way, the comp pick system really needs to be examined if it is going to continue. The Steelers got a 3rd round comp pick for Kelvin Beachum because on paper he signed a 5-year $45m contract. In reality, it was a one-year contract for $5m (with only $1.5m guaranteed) with a 4-year $40m option. Beachum has already been released. Meanwhile the Bengals only get a 4th round pick for losing Marvin Jones, whose contract was $20m guaranteed. Jones' 2016 cap hit was also larger than Beachum's ($6.6m to $5.3m).
    This sort of thing is why some of us say the NFL looks rigged at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I don't think Burkhead is the answer.
    He looked a lot different running behind the exact same line as Jeremy Hill. Says a lot.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This sort of thing is why some of us say the NFL looks rigged at times.

- - - Updated - - -

He looked a lot different running behind the exact same line as Jeremy Hill. Says a lot.
    I don't think he will re-sign to be honest. Im very leery of guys who look good once the season is basically over.

It's a good draft for RB, I don't want another year of Bernard/Hill, time to move on.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I don't think he will re-sign to be honest. Im very leery of guys who look good once the season is basically over.

It's a good draft for RB, I don't want another year of Bernard/Hill, time to move on.
    Just thought of this. Burkhead played RB late in the season, he really didn't start getting carries until week 12, and saw his workload increase as the season went along. Burkhead was fresh at the time and running hard, he wasn't a guy who saw 10 weeks of action prior to week 12, 10 weeks of pounding, he was a guy who saw minimal pounding in the early part of the season.

8. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Yes. Way too many absolutes when I speak. I need to be more aware of it and lessen the number of them.
    You absolutely do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Wednesday is the franchise-tag deadline. Whitworth is a possibility. Zeitler seems long-gone once they decided to sign Boling long-term.

Two days left to get one of them signed or it's bye-bye. Too strong of a market for those two player's Top-of-their-Position skillsets.

Marvin said that every position is in play but Quarterback in the 1st Rd for them. Always the insightful one.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Optimism is fine. Just remember who you are rooting for. Marvin "0-7" Lewis is still here. Free Agency is still avoided like the plague. For the 2nd year in a row, we are about to let go quality Free Agents while keeping around and overpaying crappy ones (last year it was Nugent, Peko, Maualuga, Hunt, MJ) without quality replacements to take their place.

A hundred Bengals fans comment on their frustrations of being a Bengals' fan. The disaster and failure of 2017 has already begun with the retention of Lewis and Zampese (Dumb & Dumber). It continues Wednesday with the decision on how they'll use the franchise-tag (unbelievably used it on a bad kicker once...remarkable).

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...als-1785734660
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-27-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

One day left and no word on the Bengals using the franchise tag or a tender on anyone, including no signs of them agreeing to a deal with one of their impending Free Agents.

Hobson with his yearly claim towards the end of this column that the Bengals have a fraction of the cap room to work with that every outlet reports they have.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...e-f281a1cd8a6d

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-02-2017),Kingspoint (03-01-2017)

Zeitler is expected to get 10 mil per season. Sorry but you need to be playing Tackle for that kind of money. Guards are fairly easy to find in the draft. Loved Zeitler but he has priced himself out most markets.

All rumors report to Andre Smith coming back, which I would be onboard with. On the other side, Whit is a must sign...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

43 million in cap space and ole Mikey only wants to allocate 15 mil to resign guys...get ready for the 90's all over again.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Zeitler is expected to get 10 mil per season. Sorry but you need to be playing Tackle for that kind of money. Guards are fairly easy to find in the draft. Loved Zeitler but he has priced himself out most markets.

All rumors report to Andre Smith coming back, which I would be onboard with. On the other side, Whit is a must sign...
    I don't mind having the overall philosophy of not investing too much on guards. But if that's the case, don't use first round picks on one.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-01-2017)

Andre Smith was horrible his last year here. He couldn't beat out Phil Loadholdt in camp before Loadholdt retired opening the door for Smith to win the job. Then he couldn't beat out T.J. Clemmings, who has been terrible since being drafted. He's available because he failed miserably in Minnesota at a position the Vikings have no incumbent for Smith to have to take the job from.

Andre Smith's decent playing days are years behind him.

Turn Off Ads?