Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026

Thread: 2017 Bengals Season

Re: 2017 Bengals Season

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Burfict is Jack Lambert in an era where you can't be Jack Lambert.
    I think it is about as simple as that. Back in the 70's Burfict would be idolized.

But most everyone else in this era seems to have gotten the memo that things aren't done that way anymore.

2. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-28-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    From the start I mentioned I didn't want to get into the suspension, I just wanted to know if that was a legal hit.

Flag or not, I think it was not a legal hit. Rules aside, in a league with brain trauma problems, it screams "unnecessary roughness."
    I think it's a judgment call as to whether it's 15 yds or not. I could argue either way so I'm fine with whatever call is made by the officials. The controversy really isn't about 15 yds though. The reason it's a story is because he got a 5 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think it's a judgment call as to whether it's 15 yds or not. I could argue either way so I'm fine with whatever call is made by the officials. The controversy really isn't about 15 yds though. The reason it's a story is because he got a 5 game suspension
    Yeah I know.

But the NFL is in peril due to the whole CTE thing. If that sort of thing is legal going forward it doesn't bode well.

Yeah I know.

But the NFL is in peril due to the whole CTE thing. If that sort of thing is legal going forward it doesn't bode well.
    IMO how officials call that sort of play will have a bigger effect on who wins and loses the game than on who gets a concussion. I rarely see such a play result in a concussion. In fact the CTE thing comes from repeated blows to the head like what linemen endure. I don't think there's much they can do to legislate that.

7. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (08-29-2017)

It's pretty clear at this point that the NFL is not going to let Burfict play in the NFL and that the Bengals need to move forward and not count on him as a Starter. It's like the mistake the REDS make every year with Bailey.

Vigil, Minter, Lawson, Rey, Flowers, Dawson and Evansmoving forward. Anything Burfict brings is just bonus, but don't count on him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm not trying to be contrary but do you really think a system that will not allow any fine/suspension for an act that was not flagged would be pragmatic? Refs miss stuff all the time, especially extracurricular stuff.
    It depends on what you're trying to be pragmatic about. If the refs aren't seeing everything, put another one on the field. What I'm trying to do is eliminate the "monday morning quarterbacking" that results in fines and suspensions like the one doled out to Burfict. If refs didn't see fit to flag him on the play, then their judgment should be paramount. It shouldn't be the judgment of someone in the NFL offices who might have an alternative agenda.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (08-29-2017)

Turn Off Ads?