Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3/1/2017 - Preseason Game 6 - The Dawn of Cozart - Reds at Brewers

Re: 3/1/2017 - Preseason Game 6 - The Dawn of Cozart - Reds at Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    People keeping pointing to Stephenson's three previous years, but you've managed to avoid that. Anyway, as Romano and Davis continue to accrue positive outings, Stephenson's going to need to keep pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If he's out of the rotation after last season, fine. It's the idea that he lost that chance after his one inning I have the problem with.

The thought that he had a chance prior to that outing but doesn't now is what I have a problem with.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I respect the opinion that Stephenson shouldn't be considered for the rotation based on what he's done in the past. I don't agree, but I can respect that opinion.

I can't respect an opinion that, because of what he's done in the past that 1IP is enough to convince you he shouldn't be in the rotation.

That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    A 1-2-3 inning for Davis, two nice innings from him again. Not someone I was high on coming into the spring, but liking the reports from the coaches and how he has apparently looked so far.
    The whole thing with Rookie was getting that velocity back following the groin injury, he was throwing 90-91 mph last year which ain't gonna play. But a Rookie who throws mid 90s like he did in the FSL has a real chance at sticking in a big league rotation.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Kc61 (03-01-2017),lollipopcurve (03-02-2017),membengal (03-01-2017),Raisor (03-01-2017),Ron Madden (03-02-2017)

Romano back on the bump for his second inning of work, gets a ground out to start things, then allows a ground single. Runner thrown out at second trying to steal for second out. A fly ball that Marty thought would be caught carries almost out and bounces off wall for a double, but then a shallow fly out ends inning.

Two scoreless for Romano on the day, and Marty sounded impressed with the work from the kid over this two innings.

Four scoreless for Romano on the spring now.
    He sure is a "high effort delivery" guy.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Ariel Hernandez clearly wanted no part of a tie ballgame.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'm running behind on the game. Heard Ervin got a little heavy last year. He looks like he trimmed up a bit.

Thought Mella was very impressive. He walked 2 guys but when he was missing, he was barely missing. Threw hard. Solid frame.

I've come to terms with the fact that the Reds will never win another game. It's simple math, really.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I've come to terms with the fact that the Reds will never win another game. It's simple math, really.
    There's a time when wins count. That time ain't the preseason.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    There's a time when wins count. That time ain't the preseason.
    It doesn't matter. The trend is pointing at zero wins. Ever. The exact same odds of Shaq ever winning an Academy Award, no matter who hands out the envelope.

Sorry. As I was typing The General commercial where Shaq pauses and acts as if he said something humorous played. It distracted me.

Anyway, it should be obvious; the Reds are on pace to win zero spring games. No team that has ever gone winless in spring training has ever won a regular season game. Simple math.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 03-01-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

13. Likes:

membengal (03-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    It doesn't matter. The trend is pointing at zero wins. Ever. The exact same odds of Shaq ever winning an Academy Award, no matter who hands out the envelope.

Sorry. As I was typing The General commercial where Shaq pauses and acts as if he said something humorous played. It distracted me.

Anyway, it should be obvious; the Reds are on pace to win zero spring games. No team that has ever gone winless in spring training has ever won a regular season game. Simple math.
    Price and his brain trust are interesting individuals. Every year in Spring Training, he starts out that "season" playing guys who may be prospects, but really suspects. Filters in a veteran here and there and wonders why the veterans aren't ready to play on opening day. I understand, but the absence of the Vottos, Duvalls, and others might hold a reason for slow starts or maybe not. It sure makes the games non-interesting. I have to think that old FU Price knows what he's doing, but you have to wonder, And as someone said, it doesn't matter anyway. This team will lose 90 games either way.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Davis gets the K to end the inning. Nice work from him. 2-1 after two, Brewers up.
    Let Him Live Another Day.
    A Round of beers all Around.
    He Showed Some Moxey On The Mound.
    Early Spring Means Everything.
    One Bad Outting Will Blow your Chance!
    There's No Such Thing As Happenstance!
    Unless Every Fan Knows Your Name.
    And You're A Proven Vet Who Knows The Game.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-02-2017 at 04:40 AM.

16. Likes:

marcshoe (03-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Price and his brain trust are interesting individuals. Every year in Spring Training, he starts out that "season" playing guys who may be prospects, but really suspects. Filters in a veteran here and there and wonders why the veterans aren't ready to play on opening day. I understand, but the absence of the Vottos, Duvalls, and others might hold a reason for slow starts or maybe not. It sure makes the games non-interesting. I have to think that old FU Price knows what he's doing, but you have to wonder, And as someone said, it doesn't matter anyway. This team will lose 90 games either way.
    Sparky hardley ever took the starting eight to road games in Spring Training.
    He seldom had more than 3 of'em in the lineup at the same time at home untill the last week of March. And then he hardly ever played all 8 of'em together during the regular season. But Yeah, I guess Bryan Price is an Idiot.
    I'd love to see more playing time for the starters too but it's early yet.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-02-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Complaint about the spring training lineup the first week. Ok.

Turn Off Ads?