Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 Years Ago-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Re: 20 Years Ago-Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    If you want to appreciate season one, watch the movie first. When you speak of something not holding up well, this is what you talk about.

edit: after posting this, I read the two posts above. I don't know what to say. Maybe I shouldn't have re-watched it during the peak years of the series.

Or maybe it's just that I've not been able to appreciate camp ever since I grew old enough to realize what the Batman TV series, which my six-year-old self loved, really was. It was a betrayal.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 03-10-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    If you want to appreciate season one, watch the movie first. When you speak of something not holding up well, this is what you talk about.
    The biggest problem with the movie is Kristy Swanson, who was pretty horrible, but Paul Reubens can make up for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The biggest problem with the movie is Kristy Swanson, who was pretty horrible, but Paul Reubens can make up for a lot.
    He did make a good Renfield. Peter McNichol was another good one (satire is not camp!)
    Last edited by marcshoe; 03-10-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

5. Likes:

Raisor (03-10-2017)

I liked Season 1. Screw you guys.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

7. Likes:

CySeymour (03-23-2017),klw (03-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I liked Season 1. Screw you guys.
    There were a few good episodes mixed in with the horribleness.

I liked the episode with Amy and Amy's mom the witch.

Prophecy Girl was a good season finale.

Turn Off Ads?