Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TJ Friedl: Ceiling, ETA, Fit

Re: TJ Friedl: Ceiling, ETA, Fit

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    The plan, as I have heard from various sources, including one who, let's just say, has a pretty important vote, is for the Dayton outfield to be Trammell-Friedl-Siri. Plans do sometimes change, even after guys get off the plane in their assigned city. Heck, two years ago, Nolan Becker was on the Dayton bus heading to the first game when he was told he would be moved up a level. Last year, Jesus Reyes arrived in Dayton and got moved down after the first workout. But Friedl is expected to go to Dayton.
    Where does that leave Michael Beltre?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Where does that leave Michael Beltre?
    Also expected in Dayton. When you have one guy backing up three, with a DH to use as well, there is usually a way to get him decent playing time. Now the fifth outfielder there...he might be sitting a lot.

4. Likes:

lollipopcurve (03-19-2017),OnBaseMachine (03-19-2017)

The interesting thing about those four Dayton outfielders is that they are all center fielders. So there is some flexibility with the lineup. You can put any of the four in almost any spot.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (03-31-2017)

A possible Beltre, Siri, Trammell, and Friedl Dayton OF might compete with Louisville's Romano, Garrett, Stephens, Rookie Davis, Travieso rotation for most interesting group.

Dayton's Kahaloa, Moss, Santillan, Wottell/ Nova/ Adrian Rodriguez starting rotation might also have a say. So might the Pennsacola Senzel, Long (eventually), Daal, Jagielo IF (with Wallach at C?) and the Louisville Ervin, Winker (for now), Elizalde, Tony Renda (maybe) OF.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (03-31-2017)

So might the Pennsacola Senzel, Long (eventually), Daal, Jagielo IF (with Wallach at C?)
    May have Senzel, AlfRod, Long, LaValley, Okey in Daytona to start the year.

10. Likes:

Jordan (05-27-2017),REDREAD (03-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    May have Senzel, AlfRod, Long, LaValley, Okey in Daytona to start the year.
    That'd be a fine infield, true.

Still early on a Dayton rotation, but could be Santillan, Moss, Olson, Jordan, Romero.

13. Likes:

lollipopcurve (03-20-2017),REDREAD (03-31-2017)

Still early on a Dayton rotation, but could be Santillan, Moss, Olson, Jordan, Romero.
    Ryan Olson was the Reds 13th-round pick in 2016. He was hurt and did not play in 2016 as a Reds' farmhand. He accumulated some very nice stats for Cal-State Pomona.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (03-31-2017)

No Kahaloa?

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    No Kahaloa?
    No.

No.
    Hurt? Or not ready?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    A possible Beltre, Siri, Trammell, and Friedl Dayton OF might compete with Louisville's Romano, Garrett, Stephens, Rookie Davis, Travieso rotation for most interesting group.

Dayton's Kahaloa, Moss, Santillan, Wottell/ Nova/ Adrian Rodriguez starting rotation might also have a say. So might the Pennsacola Senzel, Long (eventually), Daal, Jagielo IF (with Wallach at C?) and the Louisville Ervin, Winker (for now), Elizalde, Tony Renda (maybe) OF.
    You like Travieso to begin with Louisville this year? I think he gets there at some point this summer, but I expect him to repeat Pensacola (at least to start the year).

Kahaloa...I am not able to say much about this and even if I could, I don't have any information that I would feel is credible. I would expect you will hear something in the next few days. Doug is out there. Check his website. I don't know what he will have but he might have something. I know people are going to be asking but I can't comment.

Travieso...He is not healthy right now. He would have been on the bubble between Pcola and LVL out of spring training. Could have gone either direction.
    Last edited by redsof72; 03-21-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Kahaloa...I am not able to say much about this and even if I could, I don't have any information that I would feel is credible. I would expect you will hear something in the next few days. Doug is out there. Check his website. I don't know what he will have but he might have something. I know people are going to be asking but I can't comment.

Travieso...He is not healthy right now. He would have been on the bubble between Pcola and LVL out of spring training. Could have gone either direction.
    Re: Kahaloa That doesn't sound good.

That Daytona infield (and roster as a whole) does sound good. Would be even better if Trammell and Friedl get a quick bump.

CF Friedl
    RF Trammell
    3B Senzel
    1B LaValley
    2B Long
    C Okey
    LF ?
    SS Rodriguez
    SP Santillan

I'd pay to watch that lineup play!
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-22-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

You have kind of a combination of Dayton and Daytona with that lineup. Daytona outfield should be Crook, Reynoso, Medina, Shields and Sweet. Not sure on Senzel, and where he goes could effect where LaValley goes.

You have kind of a combination of Dayton and Daytona with that lineup. Daytona outfield should be Crook, Reynoso, Medina, Shields and Sweet. Not sure on Senzel, and where he goes could effect where LaValley goes.
    Agreed - I was hypothesizing a scenario where Trammell and Friedl got bumped early. Having those two in the OF is a lot more attractive than Crook/Reynoso/Medina, but of course Trammell is probably unlikely to move out of Dayton for several months if not the whole season.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?