Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TJ Friedl: Ceiling, ETA, Fit

Re: TJ Friedl: Ceiling, ETA, Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Unless they plan on moving Suarez to SS or 2B, I don't see them offering him a LTC. The #1 prospect by far in the organization is a third baseman.
    This mindset is so bizarre to me. I don't mean to pick on you, because there are a lot of posters that agree with you, but Suarez through two months is the 3rd best 3B in baseball according to fWAR and best defensive 3B in baseball and people are ready to move him off 3B or poo poo extending his contract because of a player at A+. I love Senzel, but he can move to 2B if Suarez continues to be awesome.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (05-30-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This mindset is so bizarre to me. I don't mean to pick on you, because there are a lot of posters that agree with you, but Suarez through two months is the 3rd best 3B in baseball according to fWAR and best defensive 3B in baseball and people are ready to move him off 3B or poo poo extending his contract because of a player at A+. I love Senzel, but he can move to 2B if Suarez continues to be awesome.
    Better players than Eugenio have changed positions at the behest of their team.

Senzel is still only in A+ ball and I'm already tired of these discussions.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Senzel is still only in A+ ball and I'm already tired of these discussions.
    I completely agree, because it's absurd to pencil Senzel in at 3B right now. He could totally flame out in AA. I doubt it happens, but it's not like it's never happened to a top prospect before.

Senzel should not even be entering LTC for Suarez discussions at this point.

As for better players moving positions, yeah, but usually for established players.

For example a-rod moving to third for Derek Jeter.

Senzel should not even be entering LTC for Suarez discussions at this point.
    Agreed, it's irrelevant. These aren't some first basemen, they can easily fit on the same team.

I don't see any sense in worrying about who moves where and when.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

OK, I was just saying that I don't think the Reds are going to sign Suarez to a LTC unless they plan on moving him to SS or 2B. I never said they absolutely shouldn't sign Suarez because Senzel is also in the organization. I understand this is not like Mesoraco/Grandal where you need to pick one. The Reds could keep both long-term and I hope they do. I really like Suarez and always have.

But I tend to believe the Reds' brass believes Senzel is the 3B of the future, therefore if they sign Suarez to a LTC, I think the plan would be for him to move to 2B or SS. We can act like Senzel should not be part of the discussion when talking about whether or not to sign Suarez to a LTC, but I'm sure it's part of the discussions when the Reds' front office is broaching the subject.

I agree with everything you say (with the exception of calling my mindset bizarre) so I'm not sure where the disconnect is. I'm just saying I bet the Reds' front office views Senzel as the 3B of the future, whether you believe that is right or wrong. I agree the Reds should hold on to Suarez as long as possible and should entertain the notion of locking him up now. But if they do lock him up now, I bet they will have plans of moving him to SS or 2B. Senzel is no sure thing (no one is), but he is by far the best prospect in the organization.

TJ Friedl feels slighted - can't get drafted and can't get a thread about him to stay on track.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

10. Likes:

AlaskaReds (05-29-2017),corkedbat (05-29-2017),OGB (05-29-2017),OhioRiverBarge (05-30-2017),SirFelixCat (05-30-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    TJ Friedl feels slighted - can't get drafted and can't get a thread about him to stay on track.
    Good point.

Have I mentioned the Reds got a steal when they signed Friedl?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Is free agency in 2020 considered a ticking clock?
    Yes. The team traded Frazier with two years left and everyone on here says they waited too long. After 2017, that is just two years left with nobody close to ready to replace him. I'm not a flea guy, but Hamilton's defense and speed do add value that isn't captured well in other numbers. If they aren't going to extend him, they need to deal him with high value and expectations for a big return. An elite tool gives the team the chance to demand a lot IMO, but it won't work if he becomes q rental.

You want victor Robles? Forget about a pipedream that Cozart gets him and offer Hamilton in that deal.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

REDREAD (05-30-2017)

https://twitter.com/Crawford_MILB/st...25648277254144

Crawford thinks TJ Friedl would be a mid to late 1st round pick in this draft, given what he's shown in the minors.

15. Likes:

M2 (06-12-2017),OnBaseMachine (06-12-2017),Redeyecat (06-12-2017),REDREAD (06-12-2017),SoTxRedsFan (06-12-2017),Tom Servo (06-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post

Crawford thinks TJ Friedl would be a mid to late 1st round pick in this draft, given what he's shown in the minors.
    Who is Crawford? I hadn't heard of him before.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    He used to write for Baseball Prospectus, I cite him a lot.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Also used to write at Hero Sports, but was just let go from that gig last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post

That's quite a bit better than the 3rd round/ fourth OF comps being thrown around when he was signed last year.

Hopefully, he continues to progress and shows his power is legitimate.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (06-12-2017)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That's quite a bit better than the 3rd round/ fourth OF comps being thrown around when he was signed last year.

Hopefully, he continues to progress and shows his power is legitimate.
    Of course it's better. He's proven himself a lot more now. There's far more, and far better information available on him.

Turn Off Ads?