Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New team owner needed for a Redszone fantasy baseball league

New team owner needed for a Redszone fantasy baseball league

We still need one new team owner in the League of Reds Nation. Now making the team available to any Redszone member who would like to play.

This is a dynasty league -- meaning you keep all of your players from one year to the next. It is a 12-team, 35-man roster, 5x5 roto league on Yahoo.

PM me if you are interested in taking over the team. Preference given to those who are not in the other dynasty league.

For more information read this thread, especially the last page or two: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...76#post3602476

Not sure if everyone knows we have a sub-forum here on Redszone for fantasy sports talk. It is called the Fantasy Island sub-forum of The Tavern non-baseball sports talk forum.

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (03-23-2017),mbgrayson (03-22-2017),reds1869 (03-23-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New team owner needed for a Redszone fantasy baseball league

Still one team available.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

It's a great league.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    It's a great league.
    Yes, it is. This league has been a blast from the beginning.

I'd like to get some info. I may be interested. I'm retired now so I have lots of time on my hands. I played in a NL only 5x5 draft/keeper league for about 10 years. After a while we all kind of got burned out on it. That was probably 8 or 9 years ago.

Can someone point me to a link on yahoo of the league?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I'd like to get some info. I may be interested. I'm retired now so I have lots of time on my hands. I played in a NL only 5x5 draft/keeper league for about 10 years. After a while we all kind of got burned out on it. That was probably 8 or 9 years ago.

Can someone point me to a link on yahoo of the league?
    ditto
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/17023

At least "Enjoy the season" is available. Trajinous has been missing for a while, so his team may or may not eventually become available.

Enjoy the season does not have much starting pitching, but has some closers and big bats.

Can you explain how you get new players? It appears that a player has to appear in MLB game to automatically show as available. But people can ask Yahoo to add a name. I see players like Mickey Moniak listed.

So, let's say Joe Smith is drafted #1 overall in this years draft and someone asks Yahoo to add him. Once he shows up, is it first come first served or does the waiver order come into play (for example, highest waiver claim in 72 hours gets him)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I'll take a stab at answering you.

I had, uh, a little issue with this last season so no reason for Atomic to get stuck being held to Yahoo's odd ways this year!

Simply put, Yahoo makes available a ton of guys who are not on any MLB 40 man roster. No real rhyme or reason.

But if a player is not listed among available on Yahoo, you just need to keep checking. As you noticed, recent draft selections like Moniak, Senzel, Rutherford etc are available for selection. You can have 5 N/A players tucked away on your roster, so it is fun to see who you can stash. I just started last year and feel like I have a few good diamonds getting polished, you just have to stay aware.

Basically if you can think of a player, he is likely available for selection. If he is not, try to check periodically.

Any new player added is supposed to go into the waiver pool. * but there is no notification that a player has been added to the pool, so it is on you to check.

Any player dropped by another team is likewise placed in the waiver pool, but you have notice of those on the league front page.

Good luck and you should take over for Traijinous if he doesn't show by opening day. I would even say you should be allowed to take over conditionally now, with proviso that should he reappear he could boot you.

I inquired about the vacant position last night in another thread but have heard nothing from AD.

We filled the one vacant team. We have another two teams whose owners have been absent for some reason. They are normally active owners but we haven't heard from them in awhile. If they don't check in by Opening Day we may have to replace them.

Turn Off Ads?