Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/26/17 Reds at Cubs (MLB-TV) and Sea at Reds

Re: 3/26/17 Reds at Cubs (MLB-TV) and Sea at Reds

Obnoxious Cubs fans in Vegas taunting Votto. He singled anyway.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Raisor (03-26-2017),StRedlegs900 (03-26-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Obnoxious Cubs fans in Vegas taunting Votto. He singled anyway.
    CTrent just posted that he is having long conversations with fans. Hope he's trolling them

Double for Winker to go with his HR. Will be very interesting to see what happens if he and Ervin light it up in Louisville and Duvall and Schbler perform at about their 2016 level.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Donder (03-26-2017),OnBaseMachine (03-26-2017),StRedlegs900 (03-26-2017)

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Double for Winker to go with his HR. Will be very interesting to see what happens if he and Ervin light it up in Louisville and Duvall and Schbler perform at about their 2016 level.
    If that happens, you gotta put the OBP in the everyday lineup, and leave the power on the bench for when it's needed. Seems like a good problem to have.

Is Ervin strictly a corner OF at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Is Ervin strictly a corner OF at this point?

Wondered this myself, he still plays some center but mostly starts in the corners the last two years. I think he'd at least be a more viable CF option than Schebler

You could hear Joey on the broadcast say "You're lucky there are kids around" and "Let's talk after the game". Love it

Rookie's line: 4.2 innings, 6 hits, 5 runs, 3 earned runs, 1 walk, 7 strikeouts. Big damage was a two run HR, errors abound. But I love that BB/K ratio.

I could get excited about Winker-Hamilton-Schebler with Ervin as 4th OF if Ervin can prove himself a bit at AAA. Could turn into a nice little problem.

13. Likes:

Tom Servo (03-26-2017)

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Rookie's line: 4.2 innings, 6 hits, 5 runs, 3 earned runs, 1 walk, 7 strikeouts. Big damage was a two run HR, errors abound. But I love that BB/K ratio.
    I've been listening, and he's had some really rough defense behind him. The inning with the 2 unearned runs, he took it upon himself to finally just strike out the last batter rather than watch his defense self-destruct. Sounds like he's handled the adversity quite well today, all things considered.

Yes, its only ST, yes, I've had a few Sunday night Scotland pints, but that power that everyone said had disappeared sure seems to be coming back.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (03-26-2017)

If I'm being honest, I'd go with Rookie in the starting rotation purely because IMO we've got the least to lose with him. All the others I feel we have so much hope for but with Rookie is 'we expect him to be OK, but if he's bad, no one will be surprised'

Winker to the track but barely stayed in the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    If I'm being honest, I'd go with Rookie in the starting rotation purely because IMO we've got the least to lose with him. All the others I feel we have so much hope for but with Rookie is 'we expect him to be OK, but if he's bad, no one will be surprised'
    I can go either way on it. I think he's close to ready, but could use some more seasoning in AAA. But we do need a starter now and he's not a bad "learning on the job" candidate.

I can go either way on it. I think he's close to ready, but could use some more seasoning in AAA. But we do need a starter now and he's not a bad "learning on the job" candidate.
    I agree, in no way am I saying he is an OD starter, but I think he is proving people that were using his power as excuse for not calling him up, wrong.

Turn Off Ads?