Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I think "We're all Jedis" would be a huge merchandise seller.
    Disagree. The iconic Jedi look w/ the robes and lightsaber is a huge brand. Once you make everyone a force user, it removes that as a plot device. The whole idea of training as a Jedi and being a Jedi Knight is a huge avenue for books, games, comics, etc.

Plus -- part of what made Star Wars "work" (and what was missing fron the prequels) was characters who the audience could identify with that didn't have magical powers. Han Solo was just a badass pilot with swagger -- he didn't have magic, he had simple tricks and nonsense. Kids may have wanted to be Luke, but Han was the audience surrogate.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

If they did "end" the Jedi they would just get around it by making every movie going forward some sort of prequel.
    Go Gators!

Figure this may as well go here. This group has rerecorded Sgt. Peppers with Star Wars lyrics to tell the story of Star Wars chronologically. Videos too!

Ex.
    Princess Leah's Stolen Death Star Plans/ with Illicit Help From Your Friends

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds becomes the instant classic "Luke is in the desert and whining"
    Last edited by klw; 05-02-2017 at 09:55 AM.

5. Likes:

RedEye (05-04-2017),redsfandan (12-14-2017)

It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

klw (05-04-2017),RFS62 (05-04-2017)

New trailer

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/917570021018046465

Mother of god this looks amazing
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    New trailer

Will this be the 8th of 9th installments of the original Star Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Will this be the 8th of 9th installments of the original Star Wars?
    This is episode 8

I am glad that they cast Mort from Madagascar to play a Porg:

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    New trailer

I appreciate that they cut a hype trailer that also gives absolutely no indications about the plot.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

13. Likes:

klw (10-10-2017),marcshoe (10-10-2017),RiverRat13 (10-10-2017)

I don't know how to feel about this. I really enjoyed Rogue One, I enjoyed how they "filled in the pieces" prior to episode IV and I'm really looking forward to the Hans Solo story that is due to come out next year. However, The Force Awakens bored me. It took pieces and plots from episodes IV and V and simply rehashed them. Hans death was predictable and poorly done. Visually it was great, and getting a new look at old "friends" was nice, but it relied far too much on old story lines and did little to advance the saga.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

15. Likes:

Big Klu (10-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this. I really enjoyed Rogue One, I enjoyed how they "filled in the pieces" prior to episode IV and I'm really looking forward to the Hans Solo story that is due to come out next year. However, The Force Awakens bored me. It took pieces and plots from episodes IV and V and simply rehashed them. Hans death was predictable and poorly done. Visually it was great, and getting a new look at old "friends" was nice, but it relied far too much on old story lines and did little to advance the saga.
    I loved Rouge 1, behind only Empire in my list of favorite Star Wars, I agree with you on Force Awakens, a politically correct remake of New Hope imo.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

They call me "chef"

Force Awakens left me conflicted. I love that my daughter loved it and considers herself able to be a leader but I hate that my son now lives in a world where the rate of male heroes in movies has sunk from 99.9% to 99.8%.

18. Likes:

KittyDuran (10-10-2017),klw (10-11-2017),marcshoe (10-10-2017),redsfanmia (10-10-2017),RedTeamGo! (10-10-2017),RFS62 (10-11-2017),schmidty622 (10-10-2017),WildcatFan (10-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I loved Rouge 1, behind only Empire in my list of favorite Star Wars, I agree with you on Force Awakens, a politically correct remake of New Hope imo.
    PC? Lol, what?

Because the hero has a vagina?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    From all indications this new one is going to be original.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So I'm sitting here in the theater, waiting for the 8pm (PT) showing. Can't wait for it to start!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Force Awakens left me conflicted. I love that my daughter loved it and considers herself able to be a leader but I hate that my son now lives in a world where the rate of male heroes in movies has sunk from 99.9% to 99.8%.
    That's a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    So I'm sitting here in the theater, waiting for the 8pm (PT) showing. Can't wait for it to start!
    I'm jealous.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 12-14-2017 at 10:55 PM.

22. Likes:

Gallen5862 (12-15-2017),WrongVerb (12-15-2017)

Turn Off Ads?