Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 5/19/17 - Reds vs Rockies

Re: 5/19/17 - Reds vs Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Sadly I'm waiting for that sort of game from Bronson.

GABP when it heats up...it's coming.
    Remember those starts against Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    This is not the first time that Bonilla has had an otherwise good outing ruined by Price trying to squeeze an extra frame out of him.
    Price should be suspended for stupidity. He should have apologized to the team for blowing a winnable game and especially apologized to Bonilla. Bonilla comes back after giving up five hits to start the game and shuts down the Rockies for the next 15 outs. Bonilla earned a lot of confidence only to have Price blow it up in his face. Price had won me over last season, but there's just too many of these common sense, idiotic moments that proves Price has no business Managing a Little League team, yet alone any team advanced any higher. He is simply clueless. I was getting play-by-play off of mlb.com and I knew more of what was happening than Price did with the advantage of being the Manager of the REDS during the game. He is literally clueless. His baseball I.Q. is mentally deficient. I don't trust him with the psyches of these young players. He just did major damage to Bonilla. Price just can't be patted on the rump and told, "Mistakes happen". There's a major flaw in his baseball acumen that can't be corrected. He needs to be demoted to a position of Coach. Don't let him manage anywhere.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

4. Likes:

WVRedsFan (05-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Remember those starts against Toronto?

I believe they were both 9 runs.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Peraza has had a couple of absolute blasts with the big leage team since he's been up

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-20-2017)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Peraza has had a couple of absolute blasts with the big leage team since he's been up
    Martin Prado, who I think is a great comp for Peraza, hit 3 home runs playing part time before his breakout age 25 season. It feels like 10-15 HR power is there for Peraza. He's just got to grow into his body a bit more.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Martin Prado, who I think is a great comp for Peraza, hit 3 home runs playing part time before his breakout age 25 season. It feels like 10-15 HR power is there for Peraza. He's just got to grow into his body a bit more.
    First he has to get the fat pitches to make hard contact with. That means less swinging at pitches 6 inches off the plate outside. His power will come with a completely different plate approach. I think he'll have enough productive stretches where he'll be a decent most of the time player, but I don't see him making pitchers pitch to him consistently enough for him to ever have more than sporadic power.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?