Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Sunday 5.28.17 Reds @ Phils 1:35 start

Re: Sunday 5.28.17 Reds @ Phils 1:35 start

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If he gets his line drive rate up, he'll get a lot of base hits. He's not going to hit with the exit velocity of the big boys.

Line drives and medium contact is the key for Peraza. I think he can do it, but he has to perform.

He's been better of late, but has to continue hitting more like late last season.
    "This is my first full year in the big leagues. Last year maybe the pitchers didn't know me as well as they know me right now," Peraza said via translator Julio Morillo. "I think they know how to pitch me right now. I've been making the adjustments at the plate. Everything is going to work out for me. It's coming."

Peraza has been putting in the time off the field to make improvements.

"I feel good," Peraza said in English. "I'm working every day in the cage with [hitting coaches] Tony [Jaramillo] and Don [Long]. Sometimes, things don't go the way that you want, but it's part of the game."
    http://m.reds.mlb.com/news/article/2...er-slow-start/
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-28-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Happy to read those Peraza quotes.

QUOTABLE
    "We've had a couple of stretches where we didn't win many games and there was never, ever a point where things just shut down in the dugout, where the at-bats didn't matter, where the defense didn't matter, where the baserunning or pitching didn't matter. That's a great sign because there are times, or maybe a stretch, where you feel flat. And we haven't had a stretch like that. It's a credit to the guys and how much they enjoy playing together and what our expectations are, which are to exceed everyone else's expectations." -- Reds manager Bryan Price, on his 24-25 club.

http://m.reds.mlb.com/news/article/2...inst-phillies/

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I have no opinion on Schebler flying out to CF
    Thank god he wasn't doing it in the Major's

7. Likes:

Raisor (05-28-2017)

I was not a fan of picking Feldman up. But he has been the genuine definition of #5 starter. Some good, some OK, some terrible outings.

He's not the problem.

Anyway, good win.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-29-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Happy to read those Peraza quotes.

Definitely a guy I'm happy to see them be patient with this year. No way I'd give up on him at this point.

Turn Off Ads?