Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Sign Jose Garcia

Re: Reds Sign Jose Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Better than a photo, Baseball America has video evidence that our Jose Garcia exists

(0:37 is the best part)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...D4jbJ8qD09T.97
    That's awesome. Kid seems to have a quick release.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe he isn't a Top 15 talent in the draft, but adding a talent in say, the 16-30 range to the #2, 32, 38, 77 & 107 picks in the draft is pretty damn exciting.

So is this the last significant International signing we an expect for the next three years?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    So is this the last significant International signing we an expect for the next three years?
    well 2 years anyway. But a 300K limit per prospect isn't nothing. Beltre, for one is such a prospect. Manzanero another. But yeah, big money is now limited for 2 years but really that's not so onerous. We knew they weren't going to spend 33 million every year and this was really the last hurrah for splash spending anyway. Now there will be hard limits so when they get back to IFA most teams will be limiting these bonuses a lot more severely because they can't exceed limits. Only a bare handful of prospects are going to get most of a team's whole budget which is what would happen if a multi million bonus was offered. In those circumstances 300 grand becomes pretty competitive
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Depends, I think, on what the major league payroll is going to be.

Castellini seems to be spending money behind the scenes while his payroll's low. (As he should, if he wants to compete.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Better than a photo, Baseball America has video evidence that our Jose Garcia exists

(0:37 is the best part)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/inter...D4jbJ8qD09T.97
    Nice swing, quick release on his throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Apparently he chose the Reds over the Cards. I like him even better now.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...73864563a.html

9. Likes:

Benihana (06-08-2017),BillDoran (06-08-2017),cincyinco (06-08-2017),Edd Roush (06-08-2017),OnBaseMachine (06-08-2017),Tom Servo (06-08-2017)

I'm currently listening to Dick Williams chat with Lance McAlister about Jose Garcia. He says the Reds first learned about Garcia while scouting Luis Robert. The Reds view him as adding another first round draft pick; Reds scouts projected him to go 11th or 12th overall in the 2017 draft. Williams says the Reds worked Garcia out at 2B, SS, 3B, and CF and he impressed at each position. The Reds love his athleticism and bat and think he'll really take off once he enters their workout regime. Apparently, the kid has never lifted a weight. Sounds promising!

11. Likes:

AlaskaReds (06-08-2017),BillDoran (06-08-2017),membengal (06-08-2017),REDREAD (06-09-2017),SoTxRedsFan (06-08-2017),Tom Servo (06-08-2017)

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Would y'all rather have the Cuban trio we signed or Luis Robert?

I think I'd pick our trio based on my belief Vlad Guerrero will end up being the real deal.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (06-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    Would y'all rather have the Cuban trio we signed or Luis Robert?

I think I'd pick our trio based on my belief Vlad Guerrero will end up being the real deal.
    Guerrero isn't bad but you should this kid Vlad Gutierrez....
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

15. Likes:

SoTxRedsFan (06-08-2017)

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Guerrero isn't bad but you should this kid Vlad Gutierrez....
    Ha. Do we have enough to sign em both?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm currently listening to Dick Williams chat with Lance McAlister about Jose Garcia. He says the Reds first learned about Garcia while scouting Luis Robert. The Reds view him as adding another first round draft pick; Reds scouts projected him to go 11th or 12th overall in the 2017 draft. Williams says the Reds worked Garcia out at 2B, SS, 3B, and CF and he impressed at each position. The Reds love his athleticism and bat and think he'll really take off once he enters their workout regime. Apparently, the kid has never lifted a weight. Sounds promising!
    Sounds similar to what I heard the other day, re: would compare with any of the position guys in this current draft. The video clips are certainly showing a few nice things as well. Of course, there's also that weird rolling around after the session thing... lol

18. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (06-08-2017),SoTxRedsFan (06-08-2017)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    Ha. Do we have enough to sign em both?
    I don't think the Blue Jays are going to sell him..... He's an 18-year-old with an OPS over .900 in full season ball with more walks than strikeouts.

20. Likes:

nmculbreth (06-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sounds similar to what I heard the other day, re: would compare with any of the position guys in this current draft. The video clips are certainly showing a few nice things as well. Of course, there's also that weird rolling around after the session thing... lol
    That part of the video was awesome, but frustrating for me. I speak Spanish as a second language, but I'm not native. I did not understand what he said at all. I asked my girlfriend who speaks Spanish as her first language (but she's not Cuban), and even she couldn't tell what he was saying. Especially what he was repeating when he was rolling around on the ground.

Can anyone translate it? All I get is "se fue" which means he went, but that doesn't make any sense in context.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't think the Blue Jays are going to sell him..... He's an 18-year-old with an OPS over .900 in full season ball with more walks than strikeouts.

Looks just like his dad.

Turn Off Ads?