Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Draft Day Thread - Day 1

Re: Official 2017 Draft Day Thread - Day 1

Point in fact, that second 10 would be WAY better than Baltimore's top 10...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Point in fact, that second 10 would be WAY better than Baltimore's top 10...
    At least six would be graded as "50" on the scouting scale. Likely eight. Outside shot at all 10.

20 prospects graded as "50" or better in one system?

Yes, please.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'd sure like to see this by the end of the day:

2. Greene
    32. Ramos
    38. Vientos

None of those players has reached his 18th birthday yet. A long development time on all of them would bring their development to fruition around 2022 and would be a great core through 2028 or so.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I really believe the depth of this draft, again assuming the Reds aren't stupid, make picks #32 and #38 really interesting regardless of who we get. There's borderline first round talent all over the place in this draft. It's a really good year to have three top 50 picks.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (06-12-2017),SoTxRedsFan (06-12-2017),Tom Servo (06-12-2017)

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post

2. Greene
    32. Ramos
    38. Vientos

None of those players has reached his 18th birthday yet. A long development time on all of them would bring their development to fruition around 2022 and would be a great core through 2028 or so.
    That is a dream draft for me. Ramos at 32 would make my day. How can Reds afford all 3 though? Punt the rest of the draft on cheap college seniors?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    That top ten has zero filler. I'm not sure I've seen that before.
    Heck the second ten has maybe 2 guys you could call filler...I've for sure never seen that before
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

How can you not want to draft this guy
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

DocRed (06-12-2017),podgejeff_ (06-12-2017),RedTeamGo! (06-12-2017),Rojo Rijo (06-12-2017)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    That is a dream draft for me. Ramos at 32 would make my day. How can Reds afford all 3 though? Punt the rest of the draft on cheap college seniors?
    And damaged goods. Joe Perez, Seth Romero (probably won't last to the 3rd round), even (dare I suggest it) Luke Heimlich.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I suspect we're in the minority. Cincinnati brass likely want to mitigate risk. As a result, look for at least one college player in their first three picks.

(I'd go with the top college bat available. Which would be, IMO, Rooker. However, they well could pop for a college arm like Griffin Canning. Even with his questionable MRI.)

2. Greene
    32. Ramos
    38. Vientos

That would be a dream draft. You could sub any one of the top 7 prep OF for Ramos at 32 and I'd be just as happy.
    Go BLUE!!!

Looks like Wright may be Twins pick. Reds will get to choose between their top 2 guys

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news...h1u4kb1f9gz0yt
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

How can you not want to draft this guy
    He's wearing white pants? That's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Looks like Wright may be Twins pick. Reds will get to choose between their top 2 guys

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news...h1u4kb1f9gz0yt
    Callis is currently saying McKay with the possibility of Royce Lewis, fwiw.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

As long as it's not Mckay, I'm cool with the pick. I'd even find a way to be all right with McKay, but seems like a slim chance he can be an ace pitcher.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

18. Likes:

DocRed (06-12-2017),Edd Roush (06-12-2017),REDREAD (06-12-2017)

2. Greene
    32. Ramos
    38. Vientos

Hey, they don't need to win again in my lifetime! People will still be playing baseball long after I'm dead.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

20. Likes:

BillDoran (06-12-2017)

Turn Off Ads?