Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Wednesday June 14, 2017 Reds @ Padres ** Trying to break the 5 game skid **

Re: Wednesday June 14, 2017 Reds @ Padres ** Trying to break the 5 game skid **

I love texasdave and won't hold it against him, but he totally flew off the handle over nothing.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

reds44 (06-14-2017),Ron Madden (06-15-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Why do people insist on being anal, and nit-picking every little thing? Newsflash: People make mistakes, especially when they are working on something, and scribbling down a nothing comment. Obviously it wasn't Kelvin Sampson. I am off of this board. There are plenty of other boards where folks are respectful. Goodbye.
    I hope you are joking or at least reconsidering because your contributions to the minor league forum are amazing.

5. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-14-2017),Tony Cloninger (06-14-2017)

Are "we" still contenders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    I am.

Chip isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    Yes but we have a brutal month of games ahead of us.
    Finnegan and Bailey are our only hope.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Why do people insist on being anal, and nit-picking every little thing? Newsflash: People make mistakes, especially when they are working on something, and scribbling down a nothing comment. Obviously it wasn't Kelvin Sampson. I am off of this board. There are plenty of other boards where folks are respectful. Goodbye.
    I hope you're just having a bad day because I look forward to your posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

10. Likes:

Big Klu (06-14-2017),RedTeamGo! (06-14-2017),Revering4Blue (06-14-2017),Ron Madden (06-15-2017),Tom Servo (06-14-2017),Tony Cloninger (06-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Today's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game is Amir Garrett, who threw 6 innings and allowed 2 runs on 7 hits with 8 K's in a no-decision.
    Klu, you are always spot on with your star of the game picks IMO, right down to selecting a Reds player in a loss on getaway day as Joe would.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    And the team has been very forthcoming about what they are trying to do. They are trying to build a club that can make a long term run, but to do that you either have to carry a huge payroll, which isn't going to happen, or you have to build up the farm.

That takes a bit of time.
    And I would rather build from the farm than buy a good team for a few years. For years, we lacked everything. Several years ago, great pitching with no hitting. This year, good hitting and no pitching. The pieces can't seem to line up.

I believe we all knew starting pitching would be a problem as we saw guys hit the DL. I just needed to vent.

14. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-15-2017)

I just went back and saw what happened. Sorry guys.

I swear I thought maybe there was a recurring comp of Garrett to Sampson that I had missed and perhaps it was a tongue-in-cheek remark that Dave had made regarding that. If I truly thought it was an error I would have not said a word - it happens. Truly I thought I had missed someone comping those two guys - which would have been silly!

Dave if you see this, I'm sorry.

16. Likes:

Chip R (06-15-2017)

Texasdave come back! They need you texasdave! RedsZone needs you!

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I was raised on the Big Red Machine. I've been with this team my entire life and been in every park since Crosley. I'm just sick and tired of this team playing below mediocre expectations. My love of the game makes me want more.

I'm ranting but I believe I've got the right. I'll always be a fan of the Reds club...it's my hometown. I don't complain to mock; I complain because I want this team to win.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    I honestly believe everyone here wants the Reds to win.
    Yet there were some RedsZone members along with most of the media sayin' they'ed lose 100 games.

I'm not ashamed of'em. I love the offense and defense. The bullpen and bench players have been head and shoulders above what we had last year... Think what could have been if Disco, Bailey and Finnegan were in the rotation to open the season.

I predicted 83 wins because I liked the offense and defense and there was no way the bullpen would suck as much as it did last season, I didn't see that getting 5 or 6 innings would be such a problem..

How many games did you predict they would win this year?

Quote Originally Posted by PutPeteIn View Post
    The wheels have officially come off.
    Say It Ain't So Pete!!!

Say It Ain't So!!!

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    goreds2[/B];3654949]Cincinnati Reds
    29-35, 5th in National League Central

Today, 3:40 PM Est. on FSSD, FSOH
    Petco Park, San Diego, California

Cincinnati
    Reds

@
    San Diego
    Padres
    I tried to get us out of this skid.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I honestly believe everyone here wants the Reds to win.
    Yet there were some RedsZone members along with most of the media sayin' they'ed lose 100 games.

I'm not ashamed of'em. I love the offense and defense. The bullpen and bench players have been head and shoulders above what we had last year... Think what could have been if Disco, Bailey and Finnegan were in the rotation to open the season.

I predicted 83 wins because I liked the offense and defense and there was no way the bullpen would suck as much as it did last season, I didn't see that getting 5 or 6 innings would be such a problem..

How many games did you predict they would win this year?
    I didn't predict number of games won. That would probably help me keep perspective over the season. To pick a number now, I probably saw them winning 95 games...staying above .500.

The Cards sweep made me hope the early season mojo was back and we'd see them be more consistent. The Padres series was cold water to the face. I know San Diego swept the Cubs last month but, yesterday, that didn't matter to me...we were just "bad" again.

I'm more sane today.

Turn Off Ads?