Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Post-Draft Discussion

Re: 2017 Post-Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Fairchild a potential all-star? Are we underestimating the guy?
    Not everyone is.

The more read about it the more excited I get. Sounds like an athletic true CFer that can mash. Yes, please.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

RedlegJake (06-16-2017),REDREAD (06-16-2017),SoTxRedsFan (06-15-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Considering all we have to go on is some list rankings from a couple of websites and tiny blurbs written up summarizing his skillset, probably.

At the same time MLB clubs are paying a ton of money to have more data and scout these kids and they're still being done in on draft day by "bad scouting", so maybe it's just as much of a crapshoot on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Plus Plus your message box is full !!
    Cleared out, and sent you a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

RedsZone jumping to a conclusion? No way.

But we should have the final judgment on his career by, say, August 10. Maybe August 12 if there are rainouts in the Pioneer League.

7. Likes:

AlaskaReds (06-16-2017),Bourgeois Zee (06-15-2017),cincyinco (06-17-2017),lollipopcurve (06-15-2017),Marty and Joe (06-20-2017),puca (06-15-2017),redsmetz (06-15-2017),RiverRat13 (06-15-2017),SoTxRedsFan (06-15-2017),WrongVerb (06-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I was just reading about Clay Fisher. That's an interesting pick if he signs.
    no thanks. sounds like this guy has "the upside" of Paul Janish....we already have a 23yr old Peraza for that

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman Fever View Post
    no thanks. sounds like this guy has "the upside" of Paul Janish....we already have a 23yr old Peraza for that
    90% of the kids drafted this year would kill to have a Paul Janish type career.

10. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-15-2017),Tom Servo (06-15-2017),TRF (06-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    RedsZone jumping to a conclusion? No way.

But we should have the final judgment on his career by, say, August 10. Maybe August 12 if there are rainouts in the Pioneer League.
    Until he hits a hot streak in Dayton, then people will start discussions for trading Billy Hamilton as his replacement was found. Until he struggles in Dayton, where people will call for Chris Buckley's job and say he has the future of a fourth outfielder like our current fourth outfielders Schebler and Duvall.

This is a similar phenomenon to when the Reds go on a winning streak and the rebuild is over, until they lose six in a row and we're an organization devoid of talent.

12. Likes:

BillDoran (06-15-2017),Bourgeois Zee (06-15-2017),Kc61 (06-15-2017),Old school 1983 (06-16-2017),thatcoolguy_22 (06-17-2017),WrongVerb (06-15-2017)

https://twitter.com/tlittlefield18/s...37312690024448

Truly an honor and a dream come true! Thank you to everyone who has helped me reach my goals. #MLBDraft2017
    The video attached to the tweet is pretty fun. He certainly seems excited to be picked though his page makes it seems like he is still going to college.

I'm thinking everyone starts in the AZL this season?

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    I'm thinking everyone starts in the AZL this season?
    Nah, not Fairchild. He's Billings at least.

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    Nah, not Fairchild. He's Billings at least.
    Fairchild, Downs, Sceroler and Buffett should all start in Billings, at least.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-15-2017 at 09:57 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Wow, Braves signed Wright for just over $7M. Guess that means Hunter will get full slot.

What I'm wondering, is how the Braves could go $1.3M over slot for their first pick and still have enough to sign Drew Waters, assuming Waters is significantly over slot as well?
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-16-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Wow, Braves signed Wright for just over $7M. Guess that means Hunter will get full slot.

What I'm wondering, is how the Braves could go $1.3M over slot for their first pick and still have enough to sign Drew waters, assuming Waters is significantly over slot as well?
    Braves didn't have a Comp pick and they drafted college seniors rounds 5-10, plus a JuCo kid in the 4th round.

What I'm wondering, is how the Braves could go $1.3M over slot for their first pick and still have enough to sign Drew waters, assuming Waters is significantly over slot as well?
    Braves already knew what it would take to sign Drew. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a contract emailed to him the moment his name was announced. He is going to get 8 paid semesters of free school if baseball doesn't work out and a free hunting trip with Chipper Jones.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Looking at their draft card, Atlanta has five seniors drafted in the back end. They have $9.4 million to spend. Wright's signing means Waters can't sign for more than $2.4 million. Last year's 41st pick, Nick Ladolo, didn't sign; however, those players picked just ahead of him (Joey Wentz) and just below (Kevin Gowdy) signed for more than $3 million apiece.

In short, they may have a hard time signing him. (And even less chance at signing the other HS guys they drafted in the top 10.

21. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-16-2017),REDREAD (06-16-2017)

Turn Off Ads?