Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 6/18/17 Reds vs. Dodgers

Re: 6/18/17 Reds vs. Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    If you make the RF wall taller, won't the people in the first few rows be unable to see?
    They bought their tickets. They knew what they were getting into. Serves them right. Like the guy who bought that ticket in front of the steel column in the Looney Toones cartoon during Bugs Bunnys famous pitching display.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe they should put up a 30' plexiglass wall like what they used to have at the Metrodome in Minneapolis in the 80's and early 90's. Would give the ballpark a hockey feel.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Maybe they should put up a 30' plexiglass wall like what they used to have at the Metrodome in Minneapolis in the 80's and early 90's. Would give the ballpark a hockey feel.
    Now you're just trolling me. But considering the state of the rebuild it sure does feel like the 1982-83 Twins around here.

5. Likes:

Big Klu (06-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jeez, it really this hard to get people to admit GABP is tough to navigate? It's not excusing the bad pitching. And it's not just bad pitchers or bad pitches, it's almost anything you can hit with authority in the air.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/park-...-statcast-fun/
    But the pitching is getting shelled outside of GABP. The playoff caliber staffs pitched well inside GABP. It's about runs allowed, not how many of them are homers.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The playoff caliber staffs pitched well inside GABP.
    Yes, but that was before this home run explosion hit the league.

As recently as 2014, home runs were few and far between at 0.86 per game. Thanks to a second-half push of 1.09 per game, that number rose to 1.01 in 2015. And then to 1.16 per game in 2016, a mark topped only by the 1.17 per game in 2000, the height of the so-called "Steroid Era."

So far, 2017 is making even 2000 look like child's play. The average is at 1.24 home runs per game and going up. After slamming 1.17 homers per game in April, hitters slammed 1.26 homers per game in May and are up to 1.33 per game so far in June.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...y-here-to-stay

I'm not sure why you are arguing this so ferociously. Yes, the pitching sucks. But also GABP is harder than ever to succeed in. That's all I'm saying.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yes, but that was before this home run explosion hit the league.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...y-here-to-stay

I'm not sure why you are arguing this so ferociously. Yes, the pitching sucks. But also GABP is harder than ever to succeed in. That's all I'm saying.
    Ferociously? Regardless, my point is that the pitching is awful, and saying it has anything to do with the home ballpark is lame excuse making, which I don't get at all. There are injuries to guys that were being counted on, but all it has done is expose an inability to put together a major league pitching staff.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?