Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Cincinnati @ Washington 6/24/17

Re: Cincinnati @ Washington 6/24/17

Sparky would get his butt kicked too if you gave him the tools Price has had to work with.

We've had some pretty ugly pitching staffs in recent years.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-24-2017 at 07:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyDave View Post
    I count this as Year THREE.
    And you would be wrong. They had to tear it down before rebuilding. At most it is year two.

Dickie's first year of calling the shots as well. Are people arguing the Reds were rebuilding in 2014? Really?
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 06-24-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

reds44 (06-24-2017),Tom Servo (06-24-2017)

MLB umps once again show why they are terrible...its clear the ump wanted Mes to be out so he could go home.

I was at the game today in DC, and it was a brutal thing to behold. My kids kept asking if the Reds could come back, and the pitchers kept giving up walks, hits, and tons of runs, backed up by errors in the field. Rather than telling them there was no hope, we left before Blake Wood appeared to make something horrible unspeakable. The Reds are not playing good baseball in any phase right now, and it showed against a team like the Nationals, who are much better in every aspect of the game.

When I left early to go to the Metro, I was walking with a stream of fans in Reds and other Ohio-related gear. There were a lot of people there to watch the Reds. They likely live in this market, where there is a winning team with multiple star players and a plan for success. Those are the kinds of fans who will be the first to give up hope and put on another team's hat. It's kind of sad and frustrating to think about on a day like today.

Here's hoping tomorrow will bring a Reds win and restore some of the hope to this board.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-24-2017)

Tonight, our little town had a celebration. It was a celebration that we had survived the 1,000-year flood and were coming back. Part of that was fireworks. It was a chilly night in eastern WV, so I had on a jacket and my Mr. Red cap. Had a guy I didn't know (and that's hard to do in a town of 1,500) and asked me if I was a Reds fan and how was I standing it. Came to find out, he was a super fan from 1969-recently. He gave up on the team ever winning again after Dusty's 2013 Reds became Price's 2014+ Reds. That's what is happening with fans right now. His argument that the Reds have always been a small market team (that argument didn't work) and could be counted on to put a quality product on the field and now that they only want to sign prospects and save money. I let him go on awhile and quietly excused myself, but there are lots like that and I doubt we will ever get them back. It's sad.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Wow. Just wow. Glad I wasn't around RZ for this one.

As for the Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game, I'm going to go with Nats starter Joe Ross, who pitched 7 innings, allowing 1 run on 6 hits with 5 K's and only 1 BB to get the win.

(Nats SS Trea Turner and CF Michael Taylor were also very deserving, but I think the Old Lefthander would go with the pitcher in this case.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-25-2017)

1-13 since June 9.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Usually I go to into DC an watch the Reds play the Nats. This year I didn't really even consider it because of the awful state the Reds are in. After these first two games I am even more glad I didn't waste my time and money to go into DC to watch this mess of a franchise. Just absolutely horrible. Apathy has set in for me and I don't think it will go away for a long time, if ever. The Reds are just miles and miles away from competing with the top level teams. None of the young pitchers are working out and the one they were to build around, Bailey,looks like he is cooked as an effective major league pitcher. They are now in a perpetual state of rebuild. The absolute worst condition a franchise can be in.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

13. Likes:

Big Klu (06-25-2017),WVRedsFan (06-25-2017)

Turn Off Ads?