Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Friday 6/30/17 Cubs @ Reds

Re: Friday 6/30/17 Cubs @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Personally, PutPeteIn, I love the optimism. Keep it up fella!
    Much rather have that than posters who only complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-01-2017),Tadasimha (07-01-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Much rather have that than posters who only complain.
    But he complains plenty lol

I think I'm a pretty optimistic poster, but I don't see any point in delusions.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-01-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Tonight's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game is Scott Feldman, who pitched 7 innings allowing no runs on only two hits with 7 K's and 2 BB's to earn the win.
    I think Feldman would be an excellent pickup for a team needing a starter. I'd compare him to Doyle Alexander circa 1987. I'd like nothing better than for the Reds to flip him for a pitcher like the Braves did that year.

7. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (06-30-2017)

Given the lack of starting pitching an the fact that many of us want a pleasant baseball experience, I wouldn't do this. Losing is not the objective and as we've seen prospects become suspects pretty quickly. Whether or not this team ever contends in the future, a cheap guy like Feldman has been a godsend. You cannot lose every game and still keep a fanbase.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You said this throughout the 2nd half of last season and the Reds finished with the 2nd worst record in baseball.
    but they played .500 ball from June on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We had pretty good corner guys in 2012. 2013 is a different story.
    Yep, Reds sat on their keysters after Ludwick got hurt and never got a replacement for him. Anyone close to what Duvall and Schebler have been and it may have been a different story in 2013.

The thing about this season is if the Reds had three more Feldman's they could be leading the division. Just a shame they left them so short and are having to rely now on unproven rookies.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Given the lack of starting pitching an the fact that many of us want a pleasant baseball experience, I wouldn't do this. Losing is not the objective and as we've seen prospects become suspects pretty quickly. Whether or not this team ever contends in the future, a cheap guy like Feldman has been a godsend. You cannot lose every game and still keep a fanbase.
    We're only talking about losing him for August and Sept. After that he's not ours anyway. He's a FA. If you like him you're free to sign him then. Wouldn't you trade 2 mos of him for a young John Smoltz?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We're only talking about losing him for August and Sept. After that he's not ours anyway. He's a FA. If you like him you're free to sign him then. Wouldn't you trade 2 mos of him for a young John Smoltz?
    Yes. Didn't know he was a FA next year.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?