Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Hunter Greene

Re: Hunter Greene

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Cool tweet from Hunter giving props to Doug here for doing right by him.

Good on ya, Doug!

https://twitter.com/HunterGreene17/s...27736187281409
    I'd love to be able to read it but Servo got me blocked by Greene.

You know what you did.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'd love to be able to read it but Servo got me blocked by Greene.

You know what you did.
    And I can see his tweets again after my old account got suspended lol
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

reds44 (03-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    And I can see his tweets again after my old account got suspended lol
    I think it was an entire sting operation just to get me in trouble

Jon Morosi
    @jonmorosi
    48m48 minutes ago
    More
    Hunter Greene, @Reds prospect and No. 2 overall pick last year, will begin the season pitching exclusively, per senior director of player development Jeff Graupe. However, the team isn’t “closing the door on developing him offensively,” Graupe said. @MLBNetwork @MLB

If he's going to be a starting pitcher, it makes sense for him to continue working on hitting. If you have a bona fide big league bat in the pitcher's spot, that's a huge advantage on the days he pitches.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If he's going to be a starting pitcher, it makes sense for him to continue working on hitting. If you have a bona fide big league bat in the pitcher's spot, that's a huge advantage on the days he pitches.
    This isn't really anything new. Didn't we hear this 7 months ago? I guess the only "new" part is that they are stating they aren't closing the door on the offensive thing. Shrug. I'll ask him about it today (it's media day in Dayton - I haven't been outside yet, but I hope the snow that we are getting here in Cincinnati, and there in Dayton, isn't doing much).

But, this is just me guessing: Maybe he'll take batting practice with the position guys throughout the season on most days, unlike most pitchers, keeping him at least in that "swing mode".

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

But, this is just me guessing: Maybe he'll take batting practice with the position guys throughout the season on most days, unlike most pitchers, keeping him at least in that "swing mode".
    This makes total sense to me. He's not a position player, so he doesn't have to work on fielding (at least not REAL fielding), but for a National League team to let that potential bat go to complete waste would be gross negligence.

The other possibility is..... they shut him down pitching because of innings in July or so, and they let him hit after that.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

11. Likes:

drowg14 (04-04-2018),RiverRat13 (04-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The other possibility is..... they shut him down pitching because of innings in July or so, and they let him hit after that.
    This is what I would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Let him DH once or twice a week.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I spoke with some people about this earlier this afternoon. I'll have more information on it later, somewhere - just not sure where yet.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I am on the fence with it, but if Hunter really pushed for it, I would let him DH a couple times a week. You cannot bubble wrap your prospects, but you would hate for him to get hurt running the bases or getting hit by a pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I spoke with some people about this earlier this afternoon. I'll have more information on it later, somewhere - just not sure where yet.
    And Doug’s seduction of The Athletic continues...

Or is it the other way around, I don’t know....

Turn Off Ads?