Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Saturday Night 7.8.17 Reds @ Arizona

Re: Saturday Night 7.8.17 Reds @ Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I've never understood "100."

And why don't warm-ups count to a total? Those still put wear on an arm.
    Warm-ups do count. If a Reliever completely warms up but doesn't come in, he tends not to be used the next day.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Warm-ups do count. If a Reliever completely warms up but doesn't come in, he tends not to be used the next day.
    True, but are warm-ups and between-inning throws counted to a starter's "game" pitch count by the staff?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If a tree falls in an empty forest does it make a sound?

If it's on FS1 is it on in front of a national audience?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    7-0. Don't rain on our parade!
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This isn't a one off. He was doing it to Lorezen back in April 2015, and Finnegan in April 2016. I am firm in the belief that you treat these guys under 25, who are just getting their feet wet in the big leagues, with kids gloves. Price treats them like they're Scott Feldman.
    I guess I've worn out all the Price devotees with my cry of judgment. He has none. It's his biggest flaw and no one cares to recognize it. I'm sure the win sweeps this under the rug, but the genius pitching guru continues to make the wrong decision and we can go that route. Truth is, Bryan is a mess and his supporters don't understand.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

6. Likes:

Banshee (07-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Gotta hand it to the FS1 announcers...they sound like they enjoy watching the game.
    A nice reprieve from the Reds' crew (zzzz....). I'll take anything different at this point if I have the audio on for any portion of the game.

8. Likes:

Banshee (07-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    MLB Central is the name of the show.

The Hot Girl is Lauren Shehadi
    Check her out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjLxCIxFkGY

I don't know what the answer is, but I don't really think being extra cautious with pitchers seems to help all that much. I think throwing motion, types of pitches thrown, genetics and then pretty far down the totem pole workload (assuming you don't do something absurd and pitch a guy 150 pitches) are factors.

Honestly, virtually every pitcher who throws 100 will develop arm troubles at some point in their career. From Strasburg to Urias to Jose Fernandez; it just seems like for every pitcher you want to blame injuries on due to high workload I could pick out ones who were pitched cautiously yet still got injured.

Honestly, I sometimes just wonder if a person's arm only has so many bullets in it. And some people have the genetics to pitch for 20 years, and some just don't.

So if Castillo comes down with a sore arm in 4 weeks some will blame this. But, they have no way of proving what they're saying, and virtually every pitcher who throws that hard gets hurt at some point. And no one really knows if this had anything to do with it.

I guess my point is I've never been fully satisfied with the studies down on this (the Verducci Effect, etc..), and if teams had the answer to why this is occurring so much right now then we wouldn't have so many injuries.

11. Likes:

Big Klu (07-09-2017),Tony Cloninger (07-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Preston Wilson taking up for BP on the number cause
    There goes that love fest.

Turn Off Ads?