Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2017

Re: College Football 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Wisconsin just took one on the chin vs Utah State. They're down 10-0 right now.
    How'd that come out?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I doubt he'll win the Heisman again, and he'll certainly suffer for the questionable talent around him at some spots (offensive line and RB in particular), but for my money Lamar Jackson is still the best individual player in college football. Guy is fun to watch.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-05-2017)

Howard, led by Cam Newton's brother, beating UNLV despite being a 45-point underdog was one of the cooler stories of the weekend.

Also, shameless plug for my defending FCS champion JMU Dukes, who beat FBS member ECU 34-14. And trust me, it wasn't even THAT close. My brother's an ECU grad so family bragging rights are mine. :-)
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-10-2017),RedTeamGo! (09-05-2017),Revering4Blue (09-05-2017)

Liberty beating Baylor was pretty funny. I mean, you could say it's karma, but that's Jerry Fallwell University beating them, so I don't think it's that. Just a really awful football team. KU is poised to be the second-worst program in the Big XII for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Howard, led by Cam Newton's brother, beating UNLV despite being a 45-point underdog was one of the cooler stories of the weekend.

Also, shameless plug for my defending FCS champion JMU Dukes, who beat FBS member ECU 34-14. And trust me, it wasn't even THAT close. My brother's an ECU grad so family bragging rights are mine. :-)
    That is a good story but UNLV shouldn't be 45 point favorites vs anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That is a good story but UNLV shouldn't be 45 point favorites vs anyone.
    Possibly, but UNLV was still a FBS team playing against a Howard team that went 3-19 the last two years in one of the weakest conferences in all of FCS. They've been one of the lowest rated teams in all of Div I for a while now.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Possibly, but UNLV was still a FBS team playing against a Howard team that went 3-19 the last two years in one of the weakest conferences in all of FCS. They've been one of the lowest rated teams in all of Div I for a while now.
    I know it was last year, but Howard lost to that awful Rutgers team by 39. I'm still not sure if that makes UNLV being a 45 point favorite defensible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I doubt he'll win the Heisman again, and he'll certainly suffer for the questionable talent around him at some spots (offensive line and RB in particular), but for my money Lamar Jackson is still the best individual player in college football. Guy is fun to watch.
    Same after this week. Stud.

The college football thread is sad this year. I skimmed through last year's the other day, and by this time last year we were through 273 posts. We made it through 1000 posts by mid-December. Lots of ground to make up!

OK, for tonight, I cannot fathom how USF is a 17 point favorite over Illinois. Yes, I know the Illini are really bad, and I know that USF is nominally a top 25 team...but Charlie Strong teams rarely blow anyone out. And Illinois WAS good enough to stomp Western Kentucky as a solid home dog last week. I think it will be close tonight.

Now watch USF win 48-0.

I have been traveling the past 2 weekends (one was to go to the OSU game) so I haven't had my usual watching 10 hours of football like I would like

I am very much looking forward to doing absolutely nothing this weekend except watching a tremendous amount of football.

I agree with you on the game tonight, both of those teams aren't very good, but my guess is it will be a close game.

On September 23rd, ESPN's College Game Day is going to be held in that rabid bastion of college football: Times Square in New York City.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    On September 23rd, ESPN's College Game Day is going to be held in that rabid bastion of college football: Times Square in New York City.
    That Rutgers to the Big 10 move is finally paying off.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That Rutgers to the Big 10 move is finally paying off.
    Beware the sleeping giants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Not even halftime yet and there have been 25 penalties called in the Illinois/USF game.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?