Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Rose Committed Statutory Rape (according to court docs)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Pete Rose Committed Statutory Rape (according to court docs)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    n/m
    This is not the kind of post I've come to expect from you, Larry.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Glad to hear there are so many enlightened feminists posting here. makes me wonder how Mr Grab em by the something something ever carried Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Nah, raping a teenager is worse than words.
    Was it actual rape though? Or was it consensual? Big difference. Still not right due to the age difference (anybody with a teenage daughter would agree, and I have two) but consensual vs rape is a HUGE difference. I'm not talking statutory rape. I'm talking forcible rape.

Todd Benzinger "dated" a girl I grew up with. She was 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    Was it actual rape though? Or was it consensual? Big difference. Still not right due to the age difference (anybody with a teenage daughter would agree, and I have two) but consensual vs rape is a HUGE difference. I'm not talking statutory rape. I'm talking forcible rape.
    you do realize the entire basis of statutory rape is the woman is not of the age to consent, right? thus making it non consensual?

jesus dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

7. Likes:

OGB (07-31-2017)

The report says she was not yet 16. So, let's just say she was 15. That is a child. Pete Rose was a 34 year old adult, one of the most famous people in the country, and the biggest celeb in Cincinnati. A 15 year old child is very naive and impressionable. Any way you slice it, that is rape.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Todd Benzinger "dated" a girl I grew up with. She was 16.
    great, so he's scum too.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

10. Likes:

OGB (07-31-2017),RedTeamGo! (07-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Glad to hear there are so many enlightened feminists posting here. makes me wonder how Mr Grab em by the something something ever carried Ohio.
    Thinking sex with a 15 year old as a 34 year old is rape is feminism?

Wowzer.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

OGB (07-31-2017),Old school 1983 (07-31-2017)

Your 21 year old dad asked a 16 year old to marry him? How old was she when he started dating her? Did they ask the parents for consent like when she turned 16? Was your dad like cruising the high school dances like Mathew McConahay in Dazed and Confused? She had you "by the time" she was 17 and they asked to get married when she turned 16? Did they get married the same day? I have so many questions.
    Dad went to McNick with my mom's older brothers (my uncles). They were pretty good friends and my mom was just like the attractive younger sister who obviously began to blossom and my dad had a crush on her.
    So dad had the hots for mom, mom liked dad plus wanted to move out of her parents house, so they chose to get married.
    As far as I've been told i was conceived on their honeymoon (they weren't exactly rich) at the ole El Rancho Rankin motel in Mt Washington across from Lunkin Airport.

As far as I've been told i was conceived on their honeymoon (they weren't exactly rich) at the ole El Rancho Rankin motel in Mt Washington across from Lunkin Airport.
    Were you also a preemie?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    you do realize the entire basis of statutory rape is the woman is not of the age to consent, right? thus making it non consensual?

jesus dude
    So if she's 15 in August but 16 in September she's suddenly mature enough to consent now? Is that really what you're going with?

"Jesus duuuude"

15 year olds are consenting to have sex all the time. Whether it's with a 13, 15, 18, 25, or 34 year old it's not the same as that person she's having sex with forcing himself on her. Not even close. Can she be taken advantage of because she's young and naive? Yes. That's probably the case in many instances, particularly with someone with a massive age difference. But again, it's not the same as forcible rape.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

So if she's 15 in August but 16 in September she's suddenly mature enough to consent now? Is that really what you're going with?

"Jesus duuuude"

15 year olds are consenting to have sex all the time. Whether it's with a 13, 15, 18, 25, or 34 year old it's not the same as that person she's having sex with forcing himself on her. Not even close. Can she be taken advantage of because she's young and naive? Yes. That's probably the case in many instances, particularly with someone with a massive age difference. But again, it's not the same as forcible rape.
    My guy, you know there is a wide variety of things that constitute as rape that are not violent/forcible

17. Likes:

OGB (07-31-2017),reds44 (07-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I'm not seeing much out of control feminism here. I'm seeing sensible people speaking up against a deplorable act. No matter how you slice it man who is married in his mid 30s having sex with a 15-16 year old is wrong. Just as wrong as if the sexes were reversed.

This is kinda one of these places where you have to draw a bright line. So yes.

And of course there's still a difference between statutory and forced rape. It's just not THAT big a difference.

The report says she was not yet 16. So, let's just say she was 15. That is a child. Pete Rose was a 34 year old adult, one of the most famous people in the country, and the biggest celeb in Cincinnati. A 15 year old child is very naive and impressionable. Any way you slice it, that is rape.
    Trust me. It's not the same. It's obviously not right, but it's not the same as forcible rape. I'd be pissed for the former. I'd kill him for the latter.

Turn Off Ads?