Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts

Just keep saying,..."We have Andrew Luck. We have Andrew Luck."

A positive note:

From PFF:

DI AL WOODS, 80.3 OVERALL GRADE

It may have been a lopsided affair, but the Colts actually did a good job shutting down the Rams running game. At the heart of that was Woods, who was a nuisance all afternoon, doing a good job clogging up A gaps on inside runs while impressing in getting across the face of linemen when the Rams stretched it out. In a defense seemingly always in rebuild mode, perhaps Indianapolis has found someone to stick around.

They didn't mention this, but it was against C John Sullivan, who was playing pretty well himself. Sullivan single-handedly pushed Todd Gurley and the pile into the endzone for a TD on one play. LT Whitworth was good, of couse, while RT Rob Havenstein had a good game, too, with a grade of 81.4 from PFF, and RG Jamon Brown, who was miserable and the weakest link all preseason, had a grade of 80.8. So, for Woods to get the grade that he did, was an accomplishment. Gurley also ran hard, something he couldn't do last season because first contact was usually behind the LOS. The Tackles kept newly acquired Jabal Sheard from recording even one hit, sack or hurry, while he had just one tackle overall to go with one missed tackle. Bad debut for Sheard.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-11-2017 at 03:18 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Positive note? LOL I think you mean the #1 overall draft pick next spring?
    Given the following news, that seems more likely than a Playoff appearance.

Andrew Luck will miss several more weeks

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...s--482117.html

The Andrew Luck situation, unfortunately, mirrors Bill Walton's San Diego Clipper "playing" days: They have him and they don't have him.

Unfortunately, as well, the Colts' contingency plans for Luck have mirrored the Reds contingency plans for Homer Bailey, and we are where we are.

I like Ballard and the trade for Jacoby Brissett is (finally) a step in the right direction as far as a contingency plan, but the decision to waive Morris (who clearly outplayed Tolzein) was/is indefensible. Brissett should start next week, regardless, but who knows with Pagano at the helm.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-11-2017)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Given the following news, that seems more likely than a Playoff appearance.

Andrew Luck will miss several more weeks

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...s--482117.html

The Andrew Luck situation, unfortunately, mirrors Bill Walton's San Diego Clipper "playing" days: They have him and they don't have him.

Unfortunately, as well, the Colts' contingency plans for Luck have mirrored the Reds contingency plans for Homer Bailey, and we are where we are.

I like Ballard and the trade for Jacoby Brissett is (finally) a step in the right direction as far as a contingency plan, but the decision to waive Morris (who clearly outplayed Tolzein) was/is indefensible. Brissett should start next week, regardless, but who knows with Pagano at the helm.
    Good takes Rev. BTW what is the Vegas line for what week Chuck will be fired? LOL

6. Likes:

CySeymour (09-13-2017),Revering4Blue (09-13-2017)

Positive note? LOL I think you mean the #1 overall draft pick next spring?
    In all seriousness this wouldn't break my heart, either draft the best defensive player or trade for multiple picks if someone wants a quarterback.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-11-2017)

Good takes Rev. BTW what is the Vegas line for what week Chuck will be fired? LOL
    Chuck isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I say he last the season and is fired on black Monday.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Chuck isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I say he last the season and is fired on black Monday.
    In my book today is Black Monday!!!!!!

The whole debacle ever since Manning went down with the neck injury, to the hiring of Grigson who was awful and waiting forever to fire him, to hanging onto Pagano, to having no backup plan when you know Luck is hurt. Is really starting to wear on me as a fan. I am losing my interest in the Colts. Pretty hard to root for a team that is totally incompetent in pretty much every area. I do like what Ballard has done so far though.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    The whole debacle ever since Manning went down with the neck injury, to the hiring of Grigson who was awful and waiting forever to fire him, to hanging onto Pagano, to having no backup plan when you know Luck is hurt. Is really starting to wear on me as a fan. I am losing my interest in the Colts. Pretty hard to root for a team that is totally incompetent in pretty much every area. I do like what Ballard has done so far though.
    There really is no defense for not coming up with a decent backup QB over the summer.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Realizing the source...I was watching Cowherd and he was saying that he has heard that Luck growing more and more frustrated with the organization. Mainly because of the roster. I could see this being true, but I think with the kind of guy that Luck is, you won't hear him come out publically and say it. Although, I think it might help if he did!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Realizing the source...I was watching Cowherd and he was saying that he has heard that Luck growing more and more frustrated with the organization. Mainly because of the roster. I could see this being true, but I think with the kind of guy that Luck is, you won't hear him come out publically and say it. Although, I think it might help if he did!
    I get it if Luck is frustrated, it's become pretty apparent that Irsay needs someone to run the football team, I.E. Manning.

Ballard will be fine it's just going to take some time, no way Pagano survives after this year, doubt he would have survived after Ballard was hired had it no been so late and basically all the coaching staffs had already been filled.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-13-2017)

I am getting frustrated as well.

Here's where Brissett should attack:

From PFF:

LB CHRISTIAN KIRKSEY, 23.1 OVERALL, LB JAMIE COLLINS, 38.7 OVERALL AND LB JOE SCHOBERT, 40.7 OVERALL

While the Browns secondary actually played fairly solid, and their defensive line was up and down, it was the inside linebacker trio of Kirksey, Collins and Schobert that really struggled for the Browns in this game. Flacco picked on them nearly exclusively in the pass game, working his receiver and tight end matchups any chance he could against them. The three combined to allow 17 catches on 17 targets for 159 yards and a touchdown. They each missed a tackle and really struggled to escape blocks at the second level in the run game. None of them finished with a run defense grade above 40.0 on the game.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From Rotoworld with Rotoworldcomments:

Colts RCB Vontae Davis (groin) remained limited at Wednesday's practice.

Davis returned to practice late last week. He's ahead of schedule in his recovery and has a chance to make his season debut after missing the first three games. Davis would be a huge upgrade to a Colts secondary that's allowed the third most pass yards in the league.

Source: Cleveland Browns on Twitter

Great TD run by Hilton.

Still no progress by Luck, but Brissett has looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Great TD run by Hilton.

Still no progress by Luck, but Brissett has looked pretty good.
    Luck is supposed to start practicing this week and could play week 5-6.

Turn Off Ads?