Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 8-12-17 Reds @ Brewers 7:10 P.M. ET

Re: 8-12-17 Reds @ Brewers 7:10 P.M. ET

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Wild pitch scores Sogard. Price asked for a review but he already asked for 2 and both went against him, so the umpires aren't reviewing. Plus it was pretty obvious that he scored safely.
    It was embarrassing IMO Adelman even acted as if he got him. Wasn't remotely close. Great secondary lead by Sogard and anticipation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Time to take out the trash...Adleman and Feldman. If we are going to be bad there is no reason to have either on the payroll.
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-12-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norse1978 View Post
    You can't let that ball get away if your Barnhart. That being said I think it's time for Adelman to be the next dfa.
    What the heck was he supposed to do?

I have never had much faith in Adleman. That being said, bouncing a ball up there with the bases loaded, wasn't the most intelligent decision. What I did notice is that Price is managing to win games at any cost, but just doesn't have the knack of making the correct decision.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Yet another loss by 2 or 1 when the Reds score at least 5. Puke pitching. 10 games lost now scoring 5 or more by 2 or 1 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Again. I was not talking about PH every single time or before any late inning situation with a runner on or in scoring position in the 8th or 9th. And if they had a deeper bench yes I would do it with Billy if I had to.

Griffey was PH for here and there in 1975 against tough lefties. Lou started doing that to Paul O when he was atrocious against LHP one year. I know this teams options are limited though.
    Gotcha.

FWIW (let's be positive...I guess) Scooter is OPSing 1.250 vs lefties his last 13 games

On pace for 68-94.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Tonight's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game is Brewers 3B Travis Shaw, who was 2-for-5 with a single and a 3-run HR.

Joe would obviously go with the Washington Court House native and son of former Reds closer Jeff Shaw.
    Isn't Jeff Shaw still thinking about making a comeback with the Reds? He'd be better than Adelman.

10. Likes:

Big Klu (08-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    What the heck was he supposed to do?
    Alot more then him and adelman both moved in slow motion

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Isn't Jeff Shaw still thinking about making a comeback with the Reds? He'd be better than Adelman.
    Dude is in great shape. He looks like he could still play.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsred View Post
    Yet another loss by 2 or 1 when the Reds score at least 5. Puke pitching. 10 games lost now scoring 5 or more by 2 or 1 runs.
    Considering the bullpen situation, 5 runs wasn't going to do it tonight. They lost this game because they got shut out over the last five innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Again. I was not talking about PH every single time or before any late inning situation with a runner on or in scoring position in the 8th or 9th. And if they had a deeper bench yes I would do it with Billy if I had to.

Griffey was PH for here and there in 1975 against tough lefties. Lou started doing that to Paul O when he was atrocious against LHP one year. I know this teams options are limited though.
    It's a little easier to PH for a pre-Bronx Paul O'Neill against a lefty when you have a Glenn Braggs sitting in the dugout who can capably remain in the game in RF after the PH appearance.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Considering the bullpen situation, 5 runs wasn't going to do it tonight. They lost this game because they got shut out over the last five innings.
    Your right but it be nice if 5 runs could win a game.

16. Likes:

bleedsred (08-12-2017)

Norse, many times it has been 7+ runs scored to lose by 1 or 2.....turn half of those and the Reds are in the hunt....plus maybe they pursue an arm to get in the thick of the race. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not guaranteed to ever see Hunter pitch or what any of the young kids can do. Win now, this division sucks this season and the pathetic attitude toward pitching (starting) sucks even more. Just a lost throwaway season when the offense and BP could have gave the Reds a shot with DECENT starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Gotcha.

FWIW (let's be positive...I guess) Scooter is OPSing 1.250 vs lefties his last 13 games
    He is? I need to check numbers more often or at least in the last weeks. All I read here since I can't watch every game is how horrible he has been against LHP. And I don't mean like a blind squirrel finding a nut sometimes bad but just horrible. Good for him. He needs to be better to avoid being PH for by the likes of me.

Turn Off Ads?