Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 110

Thread: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10,990

    8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Reds
    CF: Billy Hamilton
    SS: Jose Peraza
    1B: Joey Votto
    LF: Adam Duvall
    3B: Eugenio Suarez
    2B: Scooter Gennett
    RF: Scott Schebler
    C: Tucker Barnhart
    SP: Luis Castillo

    Braves
    CF: Ender Inciarte
    3B: Brandon Phillips
    1B: Freddie Freeman
    RF: Nick Markakis
    C: Tyler Flowers
    LF: Matt Adams
    2B: Ozzie Albies
    SS: Dansby Swanson
    SP: Sean Newcomb

  2. #2
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,905

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Hope the Reds top 5 righties at the top can get it done against the big ol lefty.

  3. #3
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,905

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Was watching from behind on DVR but did Inciarte have 5 AB and see less than 10 pitches? I kept hitting fast forward arrow (which is 30 seconds and if pitcher not quick times out perfectly)....I swear it was like Stephenson was tossing ball in to exchange for a new one and Inciarte was wailing at it.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    826

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    It was nice knowing ya Wink.

  5. Likes:

    Puig Your Red (08-20-2017)

  6. #5
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,905

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Scooter is 158th in AB but 31st in RBI in all of baseball. Cool

  7. #6
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,636

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Surprised not to see Ervin in the lineup

  8. #7
    Probably not Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    7,711

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Billy Hamilton batting lead off against lefties? These are the kind of things I would like to see price analyze more. Probably shouldn't be playing against lefties to begin with, but also to be used in a prime spot? Not asking for much to ask for more than that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes:

    Puig Your Red (08-20-2017)

  10. #8
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    24,054

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    I don't want to bring up the whole Fire Price thing (I've been against it because I think most of what is wrong is due to the decision to tank and I don't like the idea of sidestepping that responsibility by firing the Manager) , but the idea of hitting Hamilton/Peraza 1-2 in the order would be a good reason. Just dropping Billy to 9th and moving everyone up a spot would go a long way. I'd still have Peraza 7th and Billy 9th, but at least moving one of them out of there would be a good start.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  11. Likes:

    BillDoran (08-20-2017),Puig Your Red (08-20-2017)

  12. #9
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    28,274

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't want to bring up the whole Fire Price thing (I've been against it because I think most of what is wrong is due to the decision to tank and I don't like the idea of sidestepping that responsibility by firing the Manager) , but the idea of hitting Hamilton/Peraza 1-2 in the order would be a good reason. Just dropping Billy to 9th and moving everyone up a spot would go a long way. I'd still have Peraza 7th and Billy 9th, but at least moving one of them out of there would be a good start.
    I am vehemently opposed to batting the pitcher anywhere but 9th.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  13. #10
    Member Mutaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,725

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Did Erwin hurt himself?

  14. #11
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10,990

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Duvall K's to end the top of the 1st inning.

  15. #12
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    24,054

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I am vehemently opposed to batting the pitcher anywhere but 9th.
    On the surface it doesn't make sense, but I prefer some one who is more than an automatic out hitting directly in front of the top of the order. The difference between 8th and 9th is minimal as far as potential PAs go. But if you have your best hitters hitting 1 thru 4, I'd rather not have the Automatic out that is the pitcher spot directly in front of them.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  16. #13
    Member Mutaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,725

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I've been against it because I think most of what is wrong is due to the decision to tank
    If this is true why is he using Raisel like we're in the middle of a hot pennant race? What evidence do you have that they've decided to tank?

  17. #14
    Someday Never Comes mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    24,054

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    If this is true why is he using Raisel like we're in the middle of a hot pennant race? What evidence do you have that they've decided to tank?
    Tim Adelman, Bronson Arroyo, Rookie Davis, Jackson Stephens, Asher Wojo., Lisa Bonilla have made 51 starts between them. Only a team that is tanking would leave it's rotation in such a state that they would need over 40% of the starts from scrap heap guys. They knew Bailey was a three year question mark and left it to him to be the veteran leader when everybody knew he was going to be awful even if his come back ends up being a success. His starts push the Scrap Heap starts to over 50%. If that isn't taking, then they must be so stupid that I don't know how they get out of bed in the morning.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

  18. #15
    Member Mutaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,725

    Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Tim Adelman, Bronson Arroyo, Rookie Davis, Jackson Stephens, Asher Wojo., Lisa Bonilla have made 51 starts between them. Only a team that is tanking would leave it's rotation in such a state that they would need over 40% of the starts from scrap heap guys. They knew Bailey was a three year question mark and left it to him to be the veteran leader when everybody knew he was going to be awful even if his come back ends up being a success. His starts push the Scrap Heap starts to over 50%. If that isn't taking, then they must be so stupid that I don't know how they get out of bed in the morning.
    What were the options? Cody Reed? Trade for Sonny Gray? Sign Chapman? Any free agent pitchers out there last winter they should have signed?

    Not saying you're wrong, just not very convincing. Personally, I don't think they have much of a plan, and incompetence and cheapness are much better bets than intentionally tanking.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator