Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I am vehemently opposed to batting the pitcher anywhere but 9th.
    On the surface it doesn't make sense, but I prefer some one who is more than an automatic out hitting directly in front of the top of the order. The difference between 8th and 9th is minimal as far as potential PAs go. But if you have your best hitters hitting 1 thru 4, I'd rather not have the Automatic out that is the pitcher spot directly in front of them.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Why do people here get confused as to why Winket is not playing regularly with Scott back? Scott was hurt during his bad month of July. The guy put up good enough numbers that his playing time is not going to just be reduced because of an injury and just because people want to see Winker play due favoring him. Winker is going to play but he's just not going to start.

Now the Ervin playing issue I agree. Hitting Peraza 2nd? Is Suarez not a better option?
    Expect is the better hitter.

Why do people here get confused as to why Winket is not playing regularly with Scott back? Scott was hurt during his bad month of July. The guy put up good enough numbers that his playing time is not going to just be reduced because of an injury and just because people want to see Winker play due favoring him. Winker is going to play but he's just not going to start.

Now the Ervin playing issue I agree. Hitting Peraza 2nd? Is Suarez not a better option?
    Winker has been hitting well. I would have expected him to start either yesterday or today with Schebler coming off the DL. Do you just bench Winker now?

It's been decided. Winker is better. Just sit Scott now and let his value as a trade piece drop on the off season too. That would make even better sense. Who needs really good number 4 OF when they have Keiv here.

Geno singles to LCF

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    If this is true why is he using Raisel like we're in the middle of a hot pennant race? What evidence do you have that they've decided to tank?
    Tim Adelman, Bronson Arroyo, Rookie Davis, Jackson Stephens, Asher Wojo., Lisa Bonilla have made 51 starts between them. Only a team that is tanking would leave it's rotation in such a state that they would need over 40% of the starts from scrap heap guys. They knew Bailey was a three year question mark and left it to him to be the veteran leader when everybody knew he was going to be awful even if his come back ends up being a success. His starts push the Scrap Heap starts to over 50%. If that isn't taking, then they must be so stupid that I don't know how they get out of bed in the morning.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

It's been decided. Winker is better. Just sit Scott now and let his value as a trade piece drop on the off season too. That would make even better sense. Who needs really good number 4 OF when they have Keiv here.
    Relax man. I only said he probably should have started one game over Schebler because he is hitting well and Schebler is coming off the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Winker has been hitting well. I would have expected him to start either yesterday or today with Schebler coming off the DL. Do you just bench Winker now?
    He was brought up because Scott when on the DL. He was not brought up to just replace him right away. People act like he's freaking Reggie Taylor with no redeeming social value. Like they are playing Jason Romano or Rolando Roomes over Winker.

10. Likes:

mth123 (08-20-2017)

He was brought up because Scott when on the DL. He was not brought up to just replace him right away. People act like he's freaking Reggie Taylor with no redeeming social value. Like they are playing Jason Romano or Rolando Roomes over Winker.
    19-year-old Big Klu liked Rolando Roomes in 1989, and thought the Reds had found Eric Davis Lite.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

12. Likes:

Rantly (08-20-2017),Tony Cloninger (08-20-2017),westofyou (08-20-2017)

Schebler is marginal starter who should play alot I agree but let's not act like is something special

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Relax man. I only said he probably should have started one game over Schebler because he is hitting well and Schebler is coming off the DL.
    I'm fine man. Thanks for checking on me. I'm as calm as Walt and Jesse on a long cook day. I have advocated Winker starting once a week in LF for Duvall against a tough RH and to give him some rest so he does not wear out like last year. Same thing with Scott in RF. Scott is back from the DL. I get that. I'm sure they will rest him soon but let him get back into the swing of things for a few goes at least.

I'm fine man. Thanks for checking on me. I'm as calm as Walt and Jesse on a long cook day. I have advocated Winker starting once a week in LF for Duvall against a tough RH and to give him some rest so he does not wear out like last year. Same thing with Scott in RF. Scott is back from the DL. I get that. I'm sure they will rest him soon but let him get back into the swing of things for a few goes at least.
    My real complaint is Price playing Hamilton everyday and let Scott play some center

16. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (08-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Norse1978 View Post
    Schebler is marginal starter who should play alot I agree but let's not act like is something special
    No one thought Duvall was going to be something better than he is until he started playing either. I didn't say he was that special but go ahead and assume that's what I meant. I like Winker better in the long run too but if you don't play Scott and let him build up more value now then trading him for some pitching will not work out.

18. Likes:

mth123 (08-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    19-year-old Big Klu liked Rolando Roomes in 1989, and thought the Reds had found Eric Davis Lite.
    I saw this look of exasperation and disgust right before Rolando was released in 1990 by Lou Pinella after he swung at a ball that not even a gopher would swing at. He walked 0 times and SO I think 19 times in less than 60 at bats that year? But he had a decent 1989 during a trying year.

20. Likes:

Big Klu (08-20-2017)

No one thought Duvall was going to be something better than he is until he started playing either. I didn't say he was that special but go ahead and assume that's what I meant. I like Winker better in the long run too but if you don't play Scott and let him build up more value now then trading him for some pitching will not work out.
    Like I said my biggest problem is Hamilton playing so much not really with Schebler playing

Turn Off Ads?