Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

Re: 8-20-17 Reds @ Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It's been decided. Winker is better. Just sit Scott now and let his value as a trade piece drop on the off season too. That would make even better sense. Who needs really good number 4 OF when they have Keiv here.
    This assumes Schebler has value as a trade piece.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Norse1978 (08-20-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Norse1978 View Post
    Like I said my biggest problem is Hamilton playing so much not really with Schebler playing
    And I agree with that. I even gave you a Like! I think we should enjoy that this team has 4 options that can work in the OF and maybe 5 with Ervin. I do wish Scott could play CF more often though.

5. Likes:

Norse1978 (08-20-2017)

I saw this look of exasperation and disgust right before Rolando was released in 1990 by Lou Pinella after he swung at a ball that not even a gopher would swing at. He walked 0 times and SO I think 19 times in less than 60 at bats that year? But he had a decent 1989 during a trying year.
    Lou took over in 1990 and had higher expectations, and if you didn't do it his way you were gone.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Tim Adelman, Bronson Arroyo, Rookie Davis, Jackson Stephens, Asher Wojo., Lisa Bonilla have made 51 starts between them. Only a team that is tanking would leave it's rotation in such a state that they would need over 40% of the starts from scrap heap guys. They knew Bailey was a three year question mark and left it to him to be the veteran leader when everybody knew he was going to be awful even if his come back ends up being a success. His starts push the Scrap Heap starts to over 50%. If that isn't taking, then they must be so stupid that I don't know how they get out of bed in the morning.
    What were the options? Cody Reed? Trade for Sonny Gray? Sign Chapman? Any free agent pitchers out there last winter they should have signed?

Not saying you're wrong, just not very convincing. Personally, I don't think they have much of a plan, and incompetence and cheapness are much better bets than intentionally tanking.

Castillo walked and hit a guy and then struck out the side. Wow.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Norse1978 (08-20-2017),Ron Madden (08-20-2017),Tony Cloninger (08-20-2017)

And I agree with that. I even gave you a Like! I think we should enjoy that this team has 4 options that can work in the OF and maybe 5 with Ervin. I do wish Scott could play CF more often though.
    I can get behind that for sure! Plus that Castillo guy is a decent pitcher.

11. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (08-20-2017)

They need to give Castillo #36 when Blake Wood finally leaves.

Everyone keeps saying that Luis reminds them of Johnny Cueto, but I see Mario Soto when he pitches.

13. Likes:

mth123 (08-20-2017),Norse1978 (08-20-2017),Ron Madden (08-20-2017),Tony Cloninger (08-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Lou took over in 1990 and had higher expectations, and if you didn't do it his way you were gone.
    This team with a 1990 Lou Would be fun to watch. Glenn Braggs replaced Roomes very well. I had even higher expectations for him. He was still very good.

15. Likes:

Big Klu (08-20-2017)

*Billy jam shots one just over the 2nd baseman's head*

Thom: There's a rocket into center field.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

This team with a 1990 Lou Would be fun to watch. Glenn Braggs replaced Roomes very well. I had even higher expectations for him. He was still very good.
    Glenn Braggs was an outstanding acquisition by Bob Quinn. He was a perfect 4th outfielder, capable of playing either LF or RF (and since Billy Hatcher could slide over from LF to CF, it meant Braggs could spell Eric Davis as well). He also had a fine season at the plate, hitting for a high average (.299 BA) with extra-base power after joining the Reds.

Plus, we also got Billy Bates in that deal!
    Last edited by Big Klu; 08-20-2017 at 02:24 PM.

18. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (08-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This assumes Schebler has value as a trade piece.
    I hope so. Let him play and see if he can build it up. If he goes back to hitting like in July then play Winker more in September.

Peraza walk!!!

It's Joey fault he cannot elevate his line drives more.

Reds leave em loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Peraza walk!!!
    Last month or so, Peraza has a good OBP and BB/K ratio. Small sample, but he seems to have the aptitude to learn.

24. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-20-2017),Tony Cloninger (08-20-2017)

Turn Off Ads?